ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: MAS Program: Thursday, Dec 3, 7:15 PM Central

Real Name
    Willie

Default MAS Program: Thursday, Dec 3, 7:15 PM Central

Dr. Michi Tobler will speak at the December membership meeting of the Minnesota Aquarium Society on Thursday, 12/3. His topic is on fish evolution and adaptation.

image001.jpg

Michi is a Professor of Biology at Kansas State University and researcher on evolution and ecology of livebearers. He also contributes articles to AMAZONAS. We all started with swordtails, platys, variatus, etc. Michi will explain how these fish got to where they are in nature.

MAS' virtual meetings start at 7:15 PM and are open to everyone. There's 15 - 20 minutes of club activities to review before we move on to the speaker. Michi will speak 30 - 35 minutes on the topic. All participants can then move into 'virtual' rooms: plants, fish, speaker, depending on their interest. Usually half of the attendees stay with the speaker, who can go into much more detail on the topic. The Q&A's are open-ended and the last meeting on Corydoras went 2 more hours.

While everyone is welcome, pre-registration is required. Go to https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJc...w1BaRxHjDKpLcK and enter your name and locale. You'll get a log-in link to join the meeting.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: MAS Program: Thursday, Dec 3, 7:15 PM Central

We had a huge turnout for Michi's talk last night with the Q&A running past 9:30. In fact, the turnout was so large that we hit the ZOOM cap, so some of you may not have been able to log in. With the speaker's permission, the entire talk was recorded. We're editing it now and will put it up on our YouTube channel for everyone to enjoy. MAS apologizes for causing inconvenience to anyone who got locked out.

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: MAS Program: Thursday, Dec 3, 7:15 PM Central

So it took a little longer than we anticipated, but the first MAS YouTube video is up. If you missed Michi Tobler's fantastic talk on livebearers, or couldn't log in, the recording has been posted with the speaker's permission. Actually there are two videos. The first is my introduction and the presentation itself. The second is the Q&A that followed.

Main Lecture: https://youtu.be/-8U6BbLQ1pg
    Q&A: https://youtu.be/Y1J84TYWU9k

We plan to be putting up other speaker videos, as well as stuff on MAS activities, shortly. So, please subscribe to the YouTube channel and like the video