ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenene’s new group- single strain and shadow box background.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Jenene’s new group- single strain and shadow box background.

Hi Jenene, nice to see you back and what gorgeous fish of fish from Kenny. I recall seeing them in Kenny's shipment thread. They are unique and beautiful. Looking forward to seeing them grow out for you.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Mervin

I really like the one strain look and that strain is nice. Great looking tank and welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by coralbandit View Post
    Good looking fish there !
    Perfect timing to get through the upstate winter ..
    Good luck and looking forward to progress reports ..
    Thank you! There’s just something about the combination of the darker red color similar to the red covers that I’ve always loved and the patterns of of the Turks and diamonds. I hear they will color up even more as the adjust time their new surroundings. I’m beginning to notice some blue in the fins and cheeks. I’m really glad I stuck with my first instincts on these. There are so many to choose from but these stood out immediately.

Yes, they are a great distraction. My first full winter retired- between the reef tank, two discus tanks and home projects I certainly won’t be bored!
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Hi Jenene, nice to see you back and what gorgeous fish of fish from Kenny. I recall seeing them in Kenny's shipment thread. They are unique and beautiful. Looking forward to seeing them grow out for you.
    Pat
    Thank you Pat,

I meant to ask Kenny when he first started getting them. I almost always scrolled through each shipment notice just to torture myself but first discovered them in October.

They are really excepting most of the foods I’ve tried so far except pellets. They are mainly getting beef heart and the freeze dried black worms but definitely want them trained on good pellets to fill in any nutritional gaps. I love the look of the big, healthy, beefy fish. They always seem to have the best disease resistance as well.

Hope all is well with you!

Quote Originally Posted by bluelagoon View Post
    I really like the one strain look and that strain is nice. Great looking tank and welcome back.
    Thank you! I’m really excited and thankful I was able to get my hands on them and a big group all at once. Kenny went above and beyond as usual. I’ve never taken that for granted. I’ve received some corals for my reef from others in pretty bad shape. I’ve never had a single worry with Kenny’s methods. Delivery day is like Christmas. Lots of unwrapping!

Thank you for the kind words on the tank. It’s completely different than what I was going for but I kind of like it for now.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Beautiful Jenene! Looking forward to seeing them mature. Enjoy your new fishies

Real Name
    Willie

I feed dry food first thing in the morning and don't start with frozen food until mid-afternoon. It took mine less than a week to accept pellets that way.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Really super to have you back, Jenene - we missed you !!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    I feed dry food first thing in the morning and don't start with frozen food until mid-afternoon. It took mine less than a week to accept pellets that way.
    I took the opposite approach but see your reasoning. I’m trying to get the messy beef heart feedings in early and leave the cleaner foods for later in the day so I’m not having to do water changes later at night. I know they will accept pellets more readily when they are at their hungriest so I’ll have to switch it up soon. They definitely prefer the beef heart and black worms over pellets. Pellets are definitely a must for ease and to fill in nutritional gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    Really super to have you back, Jenene - we missed you !!
    Awe!!! Thanks Paul! I missed being here. It’s good to have something new to share.

Anything good cooking lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenene View Post
    Awe!!! Thanks Paul! I missed being here. It’s good to have something new to share.

Anything good cooking lately?
    Actually, yes - I recently found what I think is a superb-tasting recipe for Irish Shepard's Pie (but made with ground beef instead of lamb), that I'll be happy to post if you, Liz or anyone else wants it. It's one of the best casseroles dishes I've ever had, especially on a cold winter night, and it's very simple - i.e. with simple ingredients & procedure.

Registered Member

What was the size when you brought them? Ed

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    Actually, yes - I recently found what I think is a superb-tasting recipe for Irish Shepard's Pie (but made with ground beef instead of lamb), that I'll be happy to post if you, Liz or anyone else wants it. It's one of the best casseroles dishes I've ever had, especially on a cold winter night, and it's very simple - i.e. with simple ingredients & procedure.
    Yes! I’d love the recipe. I’m sure it’s very versatile and perfect for winter. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by tacks View Post
    What was the size when you brought them? Ed
    Hi Ed, five were from the smallest group of 4”. Three were from a larger group I believe went up to 4.5”.

Real Name
    Tom

Hello Jenene. Great looking discus. Good luck with them! Me I like the mixed bag. Hey there has to be one . I buy 2 of each type and have discus from a few different vendors.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast