ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Feeding Questions

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Brad

Question Feeding Questions

Hello,

I have new fish (day 5) and they are eating, but not very much and they don't go crazy for it. I noticed that they don't really have any interest in food unless it's moving. I.e. they don't really touch food that's hit the ground.

I have an overflow and return pump and I feel like the flow coming in makes the food go to fast for them. I tried feed mode with no flow and they don't seem to like that either and show no interest.

They like to eat Hakari Vibra Bites and like frozen blood worms. I'd like to feed them freeze-dried blackworms but I can't seem to find a good source for them. I wanted to buy from Kenny's source but they are back-ordered due to a shortage of worms.

Do you guys have any tips on keeping the food from flying everywhere/getting them more interested and where do you get your blackworms?

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Feeding Questions

Ok California black worms has worms. Just got 200gr yesterday. I also feed the Cali black worm flakes,tetra color crisps and the bio-gold from Hans. Just feed what they eat. And feed often. Yours are on the larger size. So there eating mat be a little less than 2-4” fish. And your fish have made 2 trips in the last month. So they will take awhile to reaclimate to your tank. For now feed lightly (what they’ll eat in about 2 min) and change the water daily for about a month. Good luck and enjoy .

Registered Member

Default Re: Feeding Questions

I think, so they will take awhile to acclimate to your tank.