Hello everyone.

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. Two of my wild discus have turned dark (one of them has black patches over its body) and are breathing very heavily. The one with the black patches is laying motionless and half dead most of the time. I noticed this right now, and this must have happened overnight as the last time I had a look at them which was 10 hours ago, before going to bed, everyone has happy and fine.

2. Symptoms: One of the fish is dark and breathing heavily whereas the other one has black patches over its body and mostly lies motionless and breathes slowly and heavily.
3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. None.

Tank/Water

4. 9 Wild discus along with 20 Brochis splendens in a 210g aquarium

5. Water change regime: 30% twice a week

6. The aquarium has been running for almost 2 months now and it has a thin sand layer on the bottom.

7. Do you age your water? Yes and there is no pH swing.

8. No water conditioners used

9. Parameters and water source;

- temp 82 degrees F

- ph 7.0

- ammonia reading 0

- nitrite reading 0

- nitrate reading 10

R/O and waste R/O blend

10. The Brochis were introduced a few days after the discus, but had previously undergone several treatments for external and internal parasites as well as bacteria.
s

11. The fish are fed various discus specific pellets as well as some spirulina ones.

I have absolutely no clue what is going on! I have a quarantine aquarium that's ready but I don't know whether the move will end up killing the fish or not! Any help is appreciated...