AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Low Water Temperature can cause egg hatch late ?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Haris

Default Low Water Temperature can cause egg hatch late ?

Hi .... my Pair laid eggs on sunday morning around 5am .... & now its Tuesday 5pm here so almost 60 hours gone usually the eggs will hatch around that time span .... but as u can see in the pic the eggs are like that .... This is a community tank & firsrt time i didnt remove eggs to separate breeding tank as my pair is not laying eggs in that ( Dont Know Why Before they laid 3 times ) So decided to not moving them , last time I moved the eggs with the parents to breeding tank & they tried to eat the eggs so i removed the parent & just before free swimming I put parents back there & after few hours they ate all fries ....my question is that if the temperature is as low as mine (25.5C) will that effect on eggs hatching time (I am pretty sure it is ) but i am just curious is any one had the same experience b4 , & how much time it will take then ... beside all this what you think by seeing the egg ( Attached Pic) is something wrong with the eggs, if those not fertilized they will turn white as some are ..... One more thing , is this possible to Breed & Grow fries successfully in a community ( Discus Only ) tank .

Regards
    Haris

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-08 at 3.33.18 PM (3).jpg
    Eggs seems too white because of hard light or maybe camera
    CloseUp2.jpg

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: Low Water Temperature can cause egg hatch late ?

Egg development is definitely delayed by lower temperatures. Your spawn looks good so far. However, it's not possible to raise spawn in a community tank, even a bare bottom tank like yours. Very quickly, the fry will get picked off by the other fish.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Haris

Default Re: Low Water Temperature can cause egg hatch late ?

Thanks Willie for your response ... I take another better picture (Attached) & It shows mostly eggs become transparent & then I decided to move the eggs with parent to breeding tank . So far all is well till now maybe some of the eggs will hatch by tomorrow ill update . I am preparing 2nd breeding tank as my other pair breed just after i removed the first pair .... looks like they are just waiting for them to be removed . . Ill shift them after one hour of spawn ... so hope for the best ...

1st Pair.jpg

Regards
    Haris