ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Do you go to vineyards near you?

Default Do you go to vineyards near you?

I have to ask this as I am real big fan of red wine and we have been going to CT vineyards for a very long time.. I think when we started there was a handful and now there are dozens and dozens as well a thriving Microbrew scene. We have some seriously good CT vineyards, and some also have restaurants associated with them. We visit a bunch that have earned great awards...so here is my question its something my wife and I have noticed time and time again.

You go to a vineyard and try a bunch of wines. These tastings used to be free when we started but not any longer... which is fine. But heres the thing, you taste a really great wine..maybe enjoy a bottle there, so you buy a bottle or two or six.and take them home. Days to weeks latter you open a bottle and have a glass. Much to your dismay, it tastes nothing like what you remember from the vineyard! I swear its not our imagination. I've asked othesr I know if this happen to them and sure enough they say the same thing. Its not like we stored the wine wrong or anything like that.. Just a really weird observation.

Anyone notice similar?

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: Do you go to vineyards near you?

Strange. Have you brought this up to the vineyard owners?

We can't grow good wind grapes down south here. Here, people grow musgadine grapes. Up north, in the delta, there are muscadine vineyards. I can't imagine they would make a good wine. Where I live, it's a dry county. (Yes, such things still exist in the Bible Belt)
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Tom

I think this is known as bait and switch! We’ve also got tons of vineyards on the north shore. Luckily I hate wine . But many craft brewers! I luv beer . So what the brewers do is also sell local wine. Not answering your question though? Well in my opinion: first we need better emojis . Second: the wine you’re being served is more than likely served from a cast. A wood barrel The wire you drink at home is in a bottle. I know beer out of the keg tastes better than a bottle. You may need to open that bottle and let it breathe like good tequila. Next it could also be at that fine winery you’ve drank about 6 wines and everything tastes great? And the lesson learned: it’s always better to bring home craft beer than wine .

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    I think this is known as bait and switch! We’ve also got tons of vineyards on the north shore. Luckily I hate wine . But many craft brewers! I luv beer . So what the brewers do is also sell local wine. Not answering your question though? Well in my opinion: first we need better emojis . Second: the wine you’re being served is more than likely served from a cast. A wood barrel The wire you drink at home is in a bottle. I know beer out of the keg tastes better than a bottle. You may need to open that bottle and let it breathe like good tequila. Next it could also be at that fine winery you’ve drank about 6 wines and everything tastes great? And the lesson learned: it’s always better to bring home craft beer than wine .
    Nope they pour it from Bottles right in front of you. as for the craft Beer comments.. with a name like "brewmaster15" what do think I really really like? But... life is to short to pigeon hole myself. I do like good red wine...it brings out the best in food,

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

It could be this...

https://www.thelushlife.ca/why-doesn...at-the-winery/

https://www.travelbelles.com/wine-do...-same-at-home/

But ...

I really think its because of the location..its a psychological phenomenon in my case at least..The mood at the vineyard, the smells, the talk.. all influence the experience.. I am sure temperature and letting the wine breath well, the glass served in all affect the wines taste.. but atmosphere and experience of taking a break and visiting a wineyard is probably a huge factor.

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Tom

Sounds like somebodies going on a road trip!!

I am lucky if a bottle of good tequila last the weekend never mind letting it breathe And I don't mean Cuervo. Blanco for Margaritas.

You may need to open that bottle and let it breathe like good tequila..
    20231020_150929.jpg

These are middle of the road for me a good "Casa Azul" is more my taste but that's not a weekender.
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 11-01-2023 at 11:10 AM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Sounds like somebodies going on a road trip!!
    Yeah ...to Chucks ! He's got the good stuff!!!

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Tom

Plenty still alive but my house has many dead soldiers F6C57DE9-F313-46CE-8229-9D70668B3A4E.jpg427589F1-A515-44C8-9E25-225345F1AFE5.jpg. Lol just took a bottle of Avion resposado and instilled some of my fresh jalapeņo’s for some hot spicy margaritas .

They do accumulate I am a Kah person the Casa Azul bottles go to my daughter.

20231101_151403.jpg

20231101_151259.jpg
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th