AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Car thread.

Default Re: A Car thread.

Yes it has the G50, and here is a better picture, but I still didn't get my Grateful Dead front license plate in the picture. Several years ago on pelican forum someone posted under the name pleco. I sent him a PM about pleco. He said he keeps tropical fish and he thinks the front of a 911 resembles a pleco.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jerry Baer
    it's just a box of rain

Real Name
    Tom

Lol I remember pleco. Havnt been that active over there.

Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerschh2 View Post
    Wish i could send pictures. I own a 54 chevy custom pick up with a corvette engine but when i want handling & more speed I take out the 2018 bmw M4 for more fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Pictures or it didn’t happen.
    A nice letter with pictures was received in the mail the other day .I am still not tech savvy so had to take pictures of the pictures Harry sent ..

All I can say is wow ! Nice cars /truck and great to have friends that make contact or work with you no matter how !
    You had some super nice vehicles Harry !
    It is too cool of you to send me pictures , I know I asked but too cool Harry !
    I'll let Harry tell you all what you are looking at ..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Real Name
    Tom

Great looking cars Harry!! Harry I’ve got a lot of time off now . Pm me your address and when your around and I can come by and get some pics.

Real Name
    Tom

Great looking cars Harry!! Harry I’ve got a lot of time off now .
    Time off from lay off or lock down ??
    They burned me this year ..Looks like I get to work on roofs all winter !
    I miss the fish room more every day now ..Mid 20's here and not looking much better for the next week or so ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Real Name
    Tom

Layoff. No work because of COVID. Nobody’s building. Ok by me though. This should take me right into retirement.

Registered Member

all these cool cars and here am I, driving a 2003 honda accord (acura tsx in the states)
    1k0.jpg

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Don Speers

My toy has finally come home from Blue Sky Restorations. Did this work when I was in HS and College but with Rheumatoid Arthritis and severe Degenerative Disc Disease no longer fun (or even possible) to do it myself. Tom, forgot to answer, sorry. Did not keep the 3.0 911 engine, not sure it was even rebuildable. Car has a storied past and was badly neglected for years, now much more a fun car than collectible, going to a larger EFI engine was done with that in mind. I do audit pelican but am not active on the forum. mustang6cropped.jpgmustang7cropped.jpgmustang4cropped.jpg

Real Name
    Tom

Very nice Don! That a 67 right? I had a 67 when I was a kid . As to the motor I hope you got money for it. Motors are worth money no matter what. 6k for a core. Is the EFI computer driven?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    harry g

Quote Originally Posted by timvriens View Post
    all these cool cars and here am I, driving a 2003 honda accord (acura tsx in the states)
    1k0.jpg
    Nice shape for 03.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Don Speers

This was also my car in HS and college till I got hit by an uninsured and could not afford to repair. That one is long gone, white top with the stock turquoise paint. Was going to go that way with this one but then decided to match the dark turq from the stock two tone interior and a white top just didn't work for that color. The silliest thing I did was to mount real spoke wheels to simulate the spoke hubcaps that came on the original 14 steel rims. Those are actually real spinners, pounded on with a lead hammer, right out of Ford vs Ferrari. Jumped up to 16 to fit front discs to match the engine. As for the porsche yes, the efi is stock to the 3.6 varioram engine. I would have to look up which year model the engine came from. Are you familiar with Steve Timmins who owns Instant G? He is basically done with the swap, next is on to Blue Sky for new interior, some body work and new paint. Love having and driving the Mustang, but just does not compare to driving the porsche. He gave me a fair price for the core but after looking at it closely expressed scepticism that it was worth it as beat up as it was. Regardless, he honored the deal. Luckily, although both of these folks seem to be very good, neither is fast, especially with what has occured this year. This has turned into a much deeper pocket project than originally planned, but we are over two years in, giving me much more time to finance.

Some prior thread Vinnie suggested we all meet at Discus Madness before all of the COVID madness. Maybe we could do that in the spring in our various toys after vaccinated and this nightmare is behind us.

Real Name
    Tom

Don that sound like a great idea! Love to see your 911. But would not be upset with the mustang . Great movie Ford vs Ferrari. It’s made for me the list of movies I just can’t pass up changing channels. Watched sun again . Don’t worry a bit about him losing money on your engine. He didn’t!! Parts are off the charts! If he still has it I’d consider getting it back. 78 sc was the first year so it will have value. If it turns over it’s worth 9k with its injection system. The injection system is very hard to get. Think it was only used by Porsche and BMW. Not many even know how to fix it. No mater what you do to the car that engine sold with it adds $$. I blew a connecting rod through my engine in 17. Po used a rod from a 3.0. I still have that engine. New engine was rebuilt by Bill Rutner.65D81F11-FD77-4780-A8C7-F7BCD0378F37.jpeg.

Registered Member

But would not be upset with the mustang .
    I'm not upset with mine :-) DSC07131.jpg

Real Name
    Tom

Nice Pablos!! Everybody needs a daily driver . Mine .AB1548A2-4AE2-4A6D-B29E-13DE2184609B.jpg

Real Name
    Tom

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast