AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Car thread.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jim

Default Re: A Car thread.

Always loved the TR4's. and the 6-cylinder version [TR250?]. There the essence of what a sport car should be. Open, quick, light, good handling and most important fun to drive. Oh, and look great to.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

I have a honda fit and minivan, don't feel so bad.

I gave up my 280Z,BMW 318, Audi's and my g35's for a sports truck Tacoma Sport 4x4 and I love it. I really would like a T bird but can't afford it.
    Hey I move from Long Island to a semi rural area in MD you need a truck even a small one.
    20210912_194403.jpg
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 01-19-2022 at 01:29 PM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Darrell Walker

Quote Originally Posted by jpm995 View Post
    Always loved the TR4's. and the 6-cylinder version [TR250?]. There the essence of what a sport car should be. Open, quick, light, good handling and most important fun to drive. Oh, and look great to.
    Yes, the TR250 (TR5 in the rest of the world) had a six cylinder engine, but still the Michelotti body.

My TR4A still has the 4 cylinder engine, but with a little helper installed

IMG_3130.jpg

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jim

Wow supercharged! Pushing the limits on power for that chassis. Must be a rocket. In my younger days i had a Sunbeam Tiger, i loved that little car.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Don Speers

This will be toy number 2. Replaced the stock with 3.6 varioram and turned out the body needed significantly more work than anticipated, as always in a resto or resto-mod. Anyway painted with Porsche British Racing green and should be done in a couple of months. Maybe we should revise that lunch trip to Discus Madness this spring, assuming gas prices will not be prohibitive by then. Image (00B).jpgImage (00D).jpgImage (00E).jpg

Real Name
    Tom

Very nice! Went with the wide body. Nice! Here’s a pic of mine247AD829-CF24-4781-9C37-3DC0E8B14248.jpg

Charlyc11. Well I traded in the STI and got a pickupD6256961-5575-41CD-8439-27298C35C7D3.jpg856479EC-1341-4BAB-808F-37E8715BF373.jpg

Real Name
    Brian

Seriously, stop teasing me with these Porsche's or I'll have to show you my old RS Camaro, lol...

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Seriously, stop teasing me with these Porsche's or I'll have to show you my old RS Camaro, lol...
    Brian, 67 RS with 396 just sold for 170k at Mecum auction.

Real Name
    Brian

Some of these classic car prices are crazy. I had nowhere to keep mine inside and it was rusting away so I sold it to someone who wanted to restore it and he paid a premium price for that time. I heard from him a few years ago and it's still sitting in his garage, lol. Properly restored, I know it would command a high price because it was only one of 100 built with it's options and engine.

Real Name
    Tom

Got my 83 running today. It had been down since June. Had a fuel problem. Had a problem a few years ago were the ground for the starter came loose and it shut down. So thought that may have been the problem. But no. Thought it was out of fuel. Nope. Couldn’t figure out the problem and was heading to the fuel injectors. My son got on his phone looking at some utube videos. Opened the hood and checked the fuel pump relay. It had fallin out. Who woulda thought! It’s at my mother in laws so I’d only get out there every so often to try and figure it out. What would we do without utube! Lol2C9CED06-171F-4328-89D3-2FDB4B08862A.jpg and tonight’s sunset .A48CA9BD-B523-4704-8AA5-B16E9C940DA9.jpg

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Don Speers

Image (002).jpg

Body almost done, engine done. Now all I need is a seat. Should be done by May, maybe we can finally do that lunch and Discus Madness trip then.

Real Name
    Tom

Sounds good! And she looks good!! Hey did you redo the front dash? I need to do mine in the 83. Replaced the front window last year but couldn’t find a dash.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Don Speers

Original dash at least at present. Has a couple of small cracks at the (does it really work?) defrost vent but otherwise in good shape. Will ask the guys at Bluesky what they would do. This is their second porsche. Historically, they are American muscle restorers which is why they got the mustang.

Did you ever see the best explanation I ever found of the porsche HVAC control system? Plagerized from a Pelican Thread posted back in 16.

The ventilation system requires that you operate 4 levers to make it work. 3 of the levers are on the dash, and the other is between the seats on newer Pooscheys there are 2 levers between the seats).

The top lever on the dash actually does several different things (remember, it is a fiendish German device, just like the rest of the car). Pushing it to the middle opens the dust ports leading to the windshield (see below for operation of fogging machine and oil mist spray device). Pushing it to the right past the middle also activates the rattling noise-maker device. There are three loudness levels to choose from. Pushing the lever all the way to the left is used to jam the cable so unauthorized personnel cannot operate any of the devices above. The lever also enables the automatic heat exchanger signalling device -- when opening it spews rust particles on the windshield, you should replace the heat exchangers. Also, if opening it causes you to immediately turn blue or purple (not just hair, but skin color) and become unconscious, you (or your estate) should definitely replace the heat exchangers.

The second lever from the top controls the lights on the White House Xmas tree. Move it to the middle to turn on the lights, and all the way to the right to fire 4500 Megatons of Nukes at Iraq.

The bottom lever on the dash is used to replace the windshield when it becomes scratched or pitted with rock chips. It also determines how much hot air goes to your feet as opposed to your head. For example, let's say the engine is completely warmed up and the hot air is burning your feet. If it's a cold day, you can flip the lever to the other side and shoot hot air onto the windshield so it cracks and shatters. Then call your insurance company (you do have insurance, don't you?)

The lever between the seats controls the oil mist spray device. When the engine is warmed up, this lever allows you to blow oil mist into the passenger cabin. Using the top dash lever lets you select whether you want the oil mist to coat the inside of the windshield or to just circulate around your feet. On a newer Pooschey, you have 2 levers on the floor between the seats. The left hand lever lets you open the left side vents which are aimed so they burn the feet of the person in the right hand seat, and the right hand lever lets you open the right side vents which are aimed so they burn the feet of the person in the left hand seat. Of course, each lever will also burn just the tops of the feet of the person in the other seat. If you are driving in the rain (or even stopped in the rain after the car has broken down), these levers also let you spray a fog of water vapor on the windshield, so no one can see in or out of the car -- sort of like privacy glass."

Real Name
    Tom

Lol yes read it before! But always funny and so true!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast