ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: white spots

Silver Member

Default white spots

DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?

My fish developed white spots over both eyes yesterday

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).

The fish is acting normally, just the spots over the eyes

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.

I medication with metro, only 1 dose so far

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.

72 gallon, 1 discus - 4 years, (the one with the spots, over 6 inch), 3 others discus - 6 months( about 4 to 5 inches), 2 green cats - 4 years, 1 - albino bristle nosed pleco - 3 months

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).

60% w/c with aged water twice a week

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?

tank is up 6 years, sand bottom, 1 inch

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.

water aged 24 - 48 hours. ph swing less than .2 PH

8. What type/brand water conditioner do you use? Do you add it to the tank or aging barrel? How much do you use?

seachem safe , i dose the tank, 1/4 tsp

9. Parameters and water source;

Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp __82___

- ph __7.4___

- ammonia reading __0__

- nitrite reading __0__

- nitrate reading __<10__

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water ____

- municipal water __X__

- RO water ____

10. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently.

nothing added in last 3 months

11. Please tell us what you feed your fish and how often. This can be critical information for solving the problem so be as specific as you can.

FDBW 1 cube twice a day, discus pellets twice a dayCapture.JPGCapture1.JPG

12. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: white spots

What I see is water conditions. The white dots are usually a sign of bad water quality. Up your water changes to every other day 50% and raise the temperature to 85.

Silver Member

Default Re: white spots

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    What I see is water conditions. The white dots are usually a sign of bad water quality. Up your water changes to every other day 50% and raise the temperature to 85.
    thanks for the reply.