ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Nicholson

Real Name
    Vinni Smith

Default Re: John Nicholson

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post
    Willie had the half coconuts, John the blue dress, Joe + Cary fight, jeeezzz want me to go on 2003 Cincinnati My first fish show in the US
    Sounds like I joined this forum WAY too late!

John went from pissing me off to giving me some of the best advice. I also miss Toni (strawberry blonde). Harry Marsh had some BEAUTIFUL RTs (piwow) that I had the chance to meet him in person and buy some of his fry which ended being awesome. Eric (Carolina Discus) still around but miss seeing him up and running. There was definitely one guy who was a pain in the arse and purposely make new usernames to piss people off but I won't mention his name. Otherwise, folks like I mentioned plus Chad Hughes and others are missed.
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Francis

The bad boys Mario aka turkis and Graham plus fiery lady Martha aka mmorris lol
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

I'd also like to see John return back here. He was great value, a straight shooter, and shared his vast knowledge with those who asked for it....it wasnt his fault that people took him the wrong way haha.

I felt privileged to meet John at the NADA dinner in NJ and thanked him for all his constitutions.....even his hunting experiences which i really loved.

Merry Christmas from Australia everyone
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter

People fought on Simply in those days, but it was sooo tame compared to JimQuarles/ChagHughes's DAAH (Discus as a Hobby).... that place got very raw.... I came to SimplyDiscus for the serenity. SimplyDiscus was the home of the Zen Masters by comparison. LOL.

I remember RandalB with his constant water quality / RO systems advice. RonCA was a good moderator and started the whole 'Fish Room Projects' section of the forum. In the 2000's everyone was building and documenting their fishrooms!

is John Nicholson still into the horses?
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by FischAutoTechGarten View Post
    People fought on Simply in those days, but it was sooo tame compared to JimQuarles/ChagHughes's DAAH (Discus as a Hobby).... that place got very raw.... I came to SimplyDiscus for the serenity. SimplyDiscus was the home of the Zen Masters by comparison. LOL.

I remember RandalB with his constant water quality / RO systems advice. RonCA was a good moderator and started the whole 'Fish Room Projects' section of the forum. In the 2000's everyone was building and documenting their fishrooms!

is John Nicholson still into the horses?
    Big Jim Quarles was one of my student in the Discus Study Group back in the 90s. He bought
    Discus from local breeders for resale. He would drive down from Sacramento Area to San Francisco early morning to the fish wholesalers and wait for our evening meetings. He wrote
    The book Success With Discus with information from my meetings and other source, got busted for copyright. On the other hand he was a good PR rep.

Cliff
    Last edited by CliffsDiscus; 12-26-2020 at 02:51 PM.

I'm glad you got him, Cliff. A thief and a liar are one in the same. If you do one and you'll do the other.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Stud Muffin

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Do you remember back when we had fights on Simply? God, those were fun days.
    The good ol' days...
    Knock down, drag it out!
    The problem with people idiot proofing things, is the resulting evolution of the idiot....

Registered Member

So sad that this has to happen on this forum

Shin Shin's posts were epic. You will still see John telling people on Facebook: (1) daily water changes; (2) feed homemade beefheart; (3) keep discus at 82 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTN View Post
    So sad that this has to happen on this forum
    Facebook is where information went to die, unfortunately.

Real Name
    Ricardo

I didn't realize John was no longer on SD. Loved talking to him up in NJ. Loved talking to everyone in fact lol

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12