AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Dream Discus

Registered Member

Default Dream Discus

If you could buy any discus (cost does not matter) what would you buy?

let the opinions fly

*Noting we all understand that you would not keep just one discus

Registered Member
    Real Name
    R V

Default Re: Dream Discus

Probably an adult Albino Ring Leopard! That is a beautiful fish! Or I would just get 6-7 adult Checkerboards... I have a 4” I’ve grown from 2.5” so far and was just thinking the other day how awesome a complete school must look.

Real Name
    Francis

Tough choice for me either Hai Koon’s San Merah or Ung Seng Lip’s Alibino Pearl Diamond.

San Merah

D7252C47-E082-47ED-8005-86DD046D1D84.jpeg

Albino Pearl Diamond

373BF309-06EC-45A0-B0E9-9E04FF57AC3F.jpeg
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Ive been eyeballing on my seller's red pigeon discus for a long time. But he wont sell this fish.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 9.20.09 PM.jpg

picture kinda blurry because I took ss from his instargam

Registered Member

I used to think that if someone developed a jet black discus but now I think that if that fish got sick I would not know it because as we know many discus turn black when they are sick. Now I would like to find and afford small wild or F-1 Tefe or Peruvian pure strain discus. They are available but available space is my problem.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    I used to think that if someone developed a jet black discus but now I think that if that fish got sick I would not know it because as we know many discus turn black when they are sick. Now I would like to find and afford small wild or F-1 Tefe or Peruvian pure strain discus. They are available but available space is my problem.

Some of Wattleys Discus were midnight blue with bright red eyes. I have seen one adult with this color before it was stolen.

Cliff

Real Name
    Willie

Twenty-five years ago, I saw a tank of adult ring leopards in a specialty discus shop in Taipei. The fish were covered with rings throughout the body. The rings were so well formed that I first thought they were very large leopard spots, but they were actually rings. The fish were so high end that I didn't even bother to ask for a price. Haven't seen any ring leopards for a few decades now, but they were gorgeous. I'd be willing to drop some serious money if these came on the market today.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Twenty-five years ago, I saw a tank of adult ring leopards in a specialty discus shop in Taipei. The fish were covered with rings throughout the body. The rings were so well formed that I first thought they were very large leopard spots, but they were actually rings. The fish were so high end that I didn't even bother to ask for a price. Haven't seen any ring leopards for a few decades now, but they were gorgeous. I'd be willing to drop some serious money if these came on the market today.
    Hi Willie,
    One of the member on this forum bought some ring leopards over 20 ago from the Ring Discus Breeder in Malaysia, you may remember her as Golden Gate Discus.

Cliff

Real Name
    Willie

Cliff;

If you ever come across this strain again, they should know there is a motivated buyer in the Midwest.

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Cliff;

If you ever come across this strain again, they should know there is a motivated buyer in the Midwest.

Willie

Willie,
    I'm not sure but she mentioned a breeder name Collin Heng. There were other breeders that she visited but can't remember their names. Check out Collin's Grand Champion Ring Discus in Aquarama 2011.

Cliff
    Last edited by CliffsDiscus; 12-29-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Everyone yearns for a fancy fish. All I want is an old time but good quality Blue Spotted Snake Skin. It's amazing how hard it is to make something that is no longer available. The other fish I really loved was the old fashioned Red Cover. The fancy popular ones today are tomato red rather than brown red.

I'd give up all those for a pair of top quality wild RSG's. To me there is no more beautiful fish.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Everyone yearns for a fancy fish. All I want is an old time but good quality Blue Spotted Snake Skin. It's amazing how hard it is to make something that is no longer available. The other fish I really loved was the old fashioned Red Cover. The fancy popular ones today are tomato red rather than brown red.

I'd give up all those for a pair of top quality wild RSG's. To me there is no more beautiful fish.
    I feel the same way. I see so so many incredible strains but I am not sure I would go for them as my "dream fish".

A group of 12 wilds would be incredible. I see the Santarem wild discus and I get lost in their beauty. A school of Ice Red would be a real show stopped in my 270 gallon.