ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Prazipro Question

Registered Member

Default Prazipro Question

Can Prazipro be used with Prime? Also do you have to wait 3 days to change water?

Thank you

Registered Member

Default Re: Prazipro Question

Yes I've used both together. If you plan on changing water during treatment you'll need to add back some Prazipro to keep the correct concentration or the medicine will not work correctly. Unless you are very heavy in fish load 7 days between a water change will be fine. Coming from a guy who was changing 75% daily.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    Yes I've used both together. If you plan on changing water during treatment you'll need to add back some Prazipro to keep the correct concentration or the medicine will not work correctly. Unless you are very heavy in fish load 7 days between a water change will be fine. Coming from a guy who was changing 75% daily.
    You answered my question too regarding the water change.

Real Name
    Jake

Prazipro and it's main ingredient Praziquantel will remain active in solution for 72 hours, therefore it's advisable to follow the instructions on the bottle of dosing once and then allowing it to sit for 3-5 days before performing any water changes. Once the treatment is done, you can do a large water change to remove any remaining chemicals (or add carbon to your filtration).

If you're asking if Prime and Prazipro can be used together so you can use Prime to manage ammonia or nitrite, pitdogg2 is correct that it can be used together. With that said, Praziquantel won't harm your BB so you don't need to worry about them dying off unless you are currently having ammonia and/or nitrite issues.