ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A video of my tanks!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gary

Default Re: A video of my tanks!

You could solvent weld a patch on the inside to cover where it was drilled. It would be just as strong as the solvent welded seams of the tank and less noticeable.

The tank I made him an offer for $300 only used 6 months. Depends what he has besides stand light and canopy $400 for all.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Real Name
    Tom

Saw that tank. It is a nice set up. Me I just dont like canopies. The 90 I was talking about is gone .

Real Name
    Frank

Tom,
    Any insights on searching for good pricing on acrylic tanks? Actively beginning to look for a 55-90g.
    I know you posted petco had a 50% sale once.
    Frank

PetSmart has them any ware from 20% to 40% off for Clear For Life. I got my 125 for 20% and 4 weeks later I saw them for 40%. I don't think Petco has Acrylic. No sales at PetSmart today just have to keep an eye out. Also free shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by fljones3 View Post
    Tom,
    Any insights on searching for good pricing on acrylic tanks? Actively beginning to look for a 55-90g.
    I know you posted petco had a 50% sale once.
    Frank
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Yes I don't like it either. Just the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Saw that tank. It is a nice set up. Me I just dont like canopies. The 90 I was talking about is gone .
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 10-30-2023 at 12:24 PM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Real Name
    Tom

Frank for new i recommend petsmart. Used to be other online wholesale’s selling but they’ve stopped. Petsmart has sales so you’ve got to stay on top of the site and buy when on sale. Black Friday used to be good. But they put many on sale after the holidays when they’re looking to move old for new. Next being they are acrylic and last forever Facebook marketplace has some good deals. But again you’ve got to stay on top of the site. Best deals go fast.

Real Name
    Tom

Lol stand ain’t bad and you could repaint it. Still at 400 or less a good deal. It’s been up for awhile. Guys probably hoping to move it. Thing is he’ll never sell the stand by itself so you’ll probably end up with it all.

I would repaint and not use the canopy. I am waiting for his reply. But would not use yet since It would replace one of my 75G that has a very nice stand.
    It's only 15 min from my house.

I guess we went off the beaten path with this post.
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 10-30-2023 at 12:36 PM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Real Name
    Tom

That’s fine info is info!

Real Name
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Charlyc11 View Post
    PetSmart has them any ware from 20% to 40% off for Clear For Life. I got my 125 for 20% and 4 weeks later I saw them for 40%. I don't think Petco has Acrylic. No sales at PetSmart today just have to keep an eye out. Also free shipping.
    Thanks Chuck. I will have the tank upstairs so looking for something lighter. I also like the clarity though I am aware they scratch easy.

Real Name
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Frank for new i recommend petsmart. Used to be other online wholesale’s selling but they’ve stopped. Petsmart has sales so you’ve got to stay on top of the site and buy when on sale. Black Friday used to be good. But they put many on sale after the holidays when they’re looking to move old for new. Next being they are acrylic and last forever Facebook marketplace has some good deals. But again you’ve got to stay on top of the site. Best deals go fast.
    Thanks Tom. If I am not mistaken you were the one who posted a sale from Petco? or Petsmart? a year ago.

Real Name
    Tom

Yes that was me. May have been I little longer than a year. I had bought a 180 from than. Chuck also got one last year. Just got to look for sales.

I don't know what he is talking about? I guess self promoting that site.

Quote Originally Posted by romanded View Post
    I really love fish, your video is very cool. In my opinion, it would be better if you removed the background, for example using the depositphots.com service. I don’t know why people so often add different backgrounds to the video, because it spoils the very picture of what you want to show the viewer!
    Just Call Me Chuck

Real Name
    Tom

Who knows? But it’s been a long time since I’ve been here. Lost all but 3 of those discus as long term ailments from a cross contamination. Didn’t stop me just started over. Most of the fish in the community tank are still with me except the angels. Here’s a new video .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast