AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can someone confirm what these are?

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Can someone confirm what these are?

For me I would remove the fish and put in a qt tank. Raise the temp to 88-90 see if it eats. Next add salt. If no change leave in qt. You don’t want this fish getting sicker in your main tank.

Registered Member

Im sure I'll get flack for this suggestion but when I notice a hunger strike I buy live black worms and when the fish is back to eating I treat the entire tank for worms/ flukes. It work for one of the RRRs I got from kenny a year ago and no problems since. The fish hasn't eaten for almost a month but started following and then eating the live black worms

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Evan

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    For me I would remove the fish and put in a qt tank. Raise the temp to 88-90 see if it eats. Next add salt. If no change leave in qt. You don’t want this fish getting sicker in your main tank.
    It's been alone in a QT tank since around Christmas, the heater is maxed out at 86.

I'm almost tempted to put my other stunted fish with it.

Real Name
    Francis

IMO Perhaps invest another higher quality heater,since yr heater max out at 86=30 degree Celsius ....get those heaters that go to 94-95 degree Fahrenheit.....Eheim heaters or 300W Titanium Heater with inkbird heater controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingsarefun View Post
    It's been alone in a QT tank since around Christmas, the heater is maxed out at 86.

I'm almost tempted to put my other stunted fish with it.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Real Name
    Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by Thingsarefun View Post
    All my fish came from the same vendor, it's possible they source from different hatchery's.
    My QT is a bit lax I will admit, would cross contamination cause issues +2 months after introduction?
    Poison water is unlikely, as I would expect losses not be limited to discus.

The mixing strain issue sounds plausible, so far all discus I have lost have been various leopards 1of3 ring , 2of3 snow, 3of3 yellow (if this fish doesn't make it).
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ghlight=german

In this thread it talks about how the fish can have pathogens that are toxic to other strains. If you research this issue on our site you will see this is a recurring conversation. The incidence of fish mysteriously dying is on ongoing issue.
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12