AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Water leak

Default Water leak

I thought I had a leak and I was right. It's in a place that was first repaired when a huge piece of equipment rolled over it several times. This was 13 years ago and it had held until just recently when a large tractor rolled over it several times grading the dirt I had dumped into the carport.

Today I decided that that standing water that was slowly making it's way toward my house's foundation was not due to rain. I checked the water meter and I saw that little wheel slowly going around so I knew I was right.

Now I know how to fix this. I would have taken on the job several years ago before the discs in my back decided to degenerate. I needed was a young man with a strong back. I don't know one of those.

I hate asking someone I don't know if they could help me but I drove up the road to Boe Hog farm. The son of the guy who runs the slaughter house worked for me years ago and was the best employee I ever had. I went into the office and there was a white man running it so I was releived that I didn't have to describe my problem in my poor Spanish. I told him what my problem was and was sure to drop the name of the manager of the slaughter house and his wonderful son. He said that he was sure he could find someone to help me. He called me later and said that a young man would be over to fix me up and that I was not to pay him because "that's what neighbors are for". I refused that kind offer, of course. It's going to be a hard, wet, filthy getting job.

It can be difficult being a little old lady living alone out in the sticks, but people sure are nice out here. I can't imagine living in a suburb anywhere where anyone would offer to do something for free. I feel blessed.
    Mama Bear

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Water leak

Glad you found someone to assist with your meter problem Liz. When people live in a rural setting they are way more helpful then the neighbor who lives 10 feet from your house.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Shan

Damn that sounds troublesome Liz. Glad you have the resources and know how on how to fix a broken water line. Keep us posted
    Amateur discuskeeper, Professional doofus

Heck, I hard plumbed my entire fish room. You better believe I know how to fix a broken PVC line.
    Mama Bear

Hurray! My lovely young man with a strong back and muscles just left. I have water!!! Life is wonderful once again
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Shan

yayy
    Amateur discuskeeper, Professional doofus

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter

Liz,

don't know if you ever watched the Red-Green Show... (Canadian television..about living in the sticks in Ontario... that is at least 100 miles further north from the US/Canadian border).

One episode a young urban professional came to the village and spoke to all of the 'business leaders' at the possom lodge (Fraternity Motto: "I'm a man, but I can change, I guess"). The yuppie grew frustrated that everybody got along by trading things and doing favors... He finally asked them...... "How do you expect to grow your local economy??"... Red Green responded, "We don't have a local economy.. We have a local reality!"

Peter
    Last edited by FischAutoTechGarten; 01-07-2021 at 04:22 PM. Reason: pronoun error
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

Quote Originally Posted by FischAutoTechGarten View Post
    Liz,

don't know if you ever watched the Red-Green Show... (Canadian television..about living in the sticks in Ontario... that is at least 100 miles further north from the US/Canadian border).

One episode a young urban professional came to the village and spoke to all of the 'business leaders' at the possom lodge (Fraternity Motto: "I'm a man, but I can change, I guess"). The yuppie grew frustrated that everybody got along by trading things and doing favors... He finally asked them...... "How do you expect to grow your local economy??"... Red Green responded, "We don't have a local economy.. We have a local reality!"

Peter
    That's excellent. Country bumkins is good folks.
    Mama Bear