Registered Member

Default Re: My Stendker discus group

I smell resin and/or ozone.

Real Name
    Bappu

Quote Originally Posted by Beestie View Post
    I smell resin and/or ozone.
    I loaded my canister with matrix and purigen never used any other resin and no ozone my honest reply this.

Registered Member

Was only teasing, I see you clean out the debris out twice a week. Tank hygiene goes a long way as you have shown with this tank, well done.

Real Name
    Bappu

Quote Originally Posted by Beestie View Post
    Was only teasing, I see you clean out the debris out twice a week. Tank hygiene goes a long way as you have shown with this tank, well done.
    Thank you my corydoras crew sieve the debris and those stuck in the pre filter I use to clean pre filters every alternative days or twice a week depends on the clog in the pre filter.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

You mentioned that "sometimes" your nitrate spikes to 40-50...how often does that happen?
    You said you learned how to bring it down...please share your method w us?
    Last edited by danotaylor; 01-19-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Real Name
    Tom

Bappu I’m not worried.My tanks my way run fine. Also I’m not doubting your way I’m just interested in it. I’ve seen your pictures and your discus are beautiful. These are the same ones you posted in May? If so your way is working great. Now you add bb after every water change? That’s interesting what type do you use? How big is your tank? What type of lighting?

Real Name
    Bappu

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Bappu I’m not worried.My tanks my way run fine. Also I’m not doubting your way I’m just interested in it. I’ve seen your pictures and your discus are beautiful. These are the same ones you posted in May? If so your way is working great. Now you add bb after every water change? That’s interesting what type do you use? How big is your tank? What type of lighting?
    Lminit yes those are same discus and they growing well as per stendker growth chart, I'm doing maximum 30% water changes and cleaning the glass with old credit cards, on every week after water changes I'm not sure whether I can mention the brand name in this forum I add minerals and beneficial bacteria according to he aquarium volume because every water change we lose the minerals from aquarium and treat the water with dechlorinator one day prior to water change. My tanks size is 8x2x2 and I'm using maxapect lights.

Real Name
    Bappu

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    You mentioned that "sometimes" your nitrate spikes to 40-50...how often does that happen?
    You said you learned how to bring it down...please share your method w us?
    In a year it happened only once in my Aquarium because of I over feed them and I add the beneficial bacteria as per dosage mentioned in the bottle for a week and added denitrate on first day and water change is as per weekly schedule because my ammonia and nitrite was 0. Earlier it happened because discus were small I want them to grow big faster so over feed them and it's my mistake however later I feed as per stendker feeding schedule then no spike happens so far thanks to GOD.
    Note: I never disturb the bacteria inside my canister and the bacteria on my sand bed otherwise it will be on big disaster and I may need to shut down my Aquarium.
    Thanks to my Guruji (Master) who taught me this process.
    I need 250 ml of BB every month and around 500 grams of minerals to keep my aquarium.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123