AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Pitch Black Ram Pics

Registered Member

Default Re: Some Pitch Black Ram Pics

Those blacks you seen on Aquarium Co-op's video were actually the people who created the blacks. They are in Israel! They also had some solid blacks but did have some red in their fins. The others you were seeing we're just the lighter version I think he said they call them Black Knights. They were created from gold rams somehow. I'd like to know how that happened.

I bet Tom (CoralBandit) knows more about their history. All I know is that the ones Tom sent me were Pitch Black and almost all of their black offspring are Pitch Black.

I know that in Angelfish Black and Gold have a strange relationship that I don't quite understand. When you breed two solid blacks you will often get gold offspring. When I had Angels I was not in to Blacks so I never bothered to understand the Black/Gold relationship.
    Mama Bear

I had a bit of good news with shipping yesterday. A guy had been waiting for the holiday season to be over so I could ship a pair of Pitch Blacks that he had been waiting a whole month for. The Post Office lost them in transit and they didn't arrive until 8 days after I shipped. The guy emailed yesterday and sent pics of the pair swimming happily together in their new tank. I couldn't believe they weren't dead. They would have been if they'd have been sent to some cold place rather than sunny California. I put a drop of meth blue in each bag and used O2 rather than room air. I bet those two things made the difference between life and death.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

Wow! Great job packing!! I have some pre-paid ABN orders that I've been holding off on.

Real Name
    Jake

Just goes to show how taking the few extra steps in packaging can make all the difference in the world.

Unfortunately, at least around here, it seems that USPS is delayed a lot in terms of transit/transfer/delivery of products and it's starting to show in regular mail delivery as well. I've had several packages shipped via USPS either sitting in a local distribution center or "lost" and then found a week later. Heck, I had ordered something last June, it was lost (I got a replacement sent via UPS from the company), and I received the original lost item in the mail in early December. Usually my mail delivery is in the early afternoon time frame, around 12-2PM. Lately, we've been getting our mail delivered at 7 and 8 at night. It's hard to trust USPS at the moment - probably an issue of both the current pandemic as well as all the cuts that have been made to USPS over the past year or so.

I hope it gets better so ya'll can ship out your fish reliably.

Real Name
    Shan

Nice job mama bear!!!
    Amateur discuskeeper, Professional doofus

I feel lucky. I hate to do it but I'm considering shipping Priority Express like Tom does. I just hate for my customers to have to pay so much for shipping.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Jake

As someone who hates spending money (poor choice in hobby then, I know!), I can understand not wanting to spend a ton of money on shipping.

With that said, seeing the quality of the fish you and Tom can produce, I wouldn't hesitate paying the extra money on Priority Express shipping if I was buying from either of you. Quality fish deserve quality shipping. If you were shipping out run of the mill guppies, swordtails, or some other livebearer, I could maybe understand a little. But the stock you have is premium quality and I'm sure the folks you are selling to would understand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12