ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Camallanus worm problem

Real Name
    K Miller

Default Camallanus worm problem

I have a few discus that I purchased a few months ago and recently I noticed that one had a few camallanus worms protruding from its vent. I've had a heck of a problem treating this so far. I have treated the whole tank with Levamisole, following the recommended dose of 300 mg per 10 gallons, but the worms persisted in this one fish. I've attempted using levamisole and Fenbendazole treated flake food, but he's not interested in eating. So I've moved him to his own tank and I purchased some Flubendazole to attempt treating with that (Yes, both tanks are being treated, I just isolated him since he has the visible worms).

Honestly, I'm at my wits end with this case. I'd appreciate any advise that could be provided

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Camallanus worm problem

The dosing for levamisole I have read is 1 gram per 20 g and then you need to re treat 3 weeks later for any eggs that may have survived and hatched ..
    Did you get 99-100% levamisole HCI ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFp68wjRUU
    ^^ My fish room tour by Richsfishes ^^
    Got rams ?

Real Name
    Shan

Like Tom said. Retreat. When I dose levamisole per Al's QT procedure 24hr bath 2 weeks in a row, break 1 week, then one more time week 3. Levamisole paralyzes the worms but not the eggs hence you have to retreat
    Amateur discuskeeper, Professional doofus

Real Name
    Mervin

Here is a calculator and a read at the bottom. http://www.geocities.ws/chefkeithall...DH7AlTCAdTdDMY