ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stendker discus question

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Daphne Moon

Default Re: Stendker discus question

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Mine are also from Hans. These are not the first I’ve seen like this. As 2.5” discus my guy looked greatAttachment 130270. As you can see the rest came out fine. So I’m thinking genetics.
    Thank you for that, I thought maybe the fish had some kind of an ailment or something.... I was hoping that it would look like the one advertised, since I specifically chose one of each kind for a specific color assortment I wanted to achieve. The bad luck of the draw I guess. Yours look really beautiful.

Real Name
    Tom

I’ve 2 tanks now with 14 Hans Discus. I do believe his are stronger discus that grow bigger. I bought all of mine at the 2.5 size. It’s hard for fish to actually match the shown color. Water conditions and food fed may change shades.

Registered Member

Lighting has alot to do with it too. I still haven't found an led fixture that shows the colors better than fluorescent.

Real Name
    Tom

I’m a fan of led lighting. My fixtures are all 24/7 so different shades of light all day long.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by daphne View Post
    Thank you for that, I thought maybe the fish had some kind of an ailment or something.... I was hoping that it would look like the one advertised, since I specifically chose one of each kind for a specific color assortment I wanted to achieve. The bad luck of the draw I guess. Yours look really beautiful.
    With respect to color many fish are as different as people. No two the same. I would not expect to receive the same fish color pattern as the the one advertised. Notice that Kenny takes a photo of each fish that he sells and that each fish is not the same color pattern.
    Last edited by peewee1; 01-18-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12