ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: hey ya'll!

Registered Member

Cool hey ya'll!

I am a newbie to the forum. Ran rift lake tanks until 10 years ago. Got depressed this summer and hubs gifted me a 120g tank. I am a nursing home nurse, and COVID is my life right now. I come home beat and sad, watch my tank, and life is better. I always admired discus, and now have 9. I didn't trust my judgement and bought from the wrong website. Lesson learned. Obviously I need to learn camera skills. Oh, and the personal? older than dirt, hobbies are repairing stuff, nodding watches, and sewing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: hey ya'll!

Hey there! Welcome to SD. I am a nurse as well, working in a cardiac ICU...it has been a trying, long season for sure. Glad you found solace in the ambience of your new aquarium...very nice of your hubby to bless you like that...it looks very serene and a great place to destress & unwind.
    With your regular maintenance plz be sure to clean the debris from amongst your rock work as it can become the source of high bacterial counts that will diminish your discus health.
    All the best mate

Real Name
    Tom

Great looking tank and discus!! Yes they are great to look at and de-stress . So tell us about your tank. What dither fish and what plants? And are these your original discus? If so they do look good!

Real Name
    Shan

Welcome and nice tank! Absolutely adore the background lighting setup. I'm going for something similar in my 125 soon.

Oh and thank you for being a true superhero. Health care workers need so much more love and respect then they are getting right now
    Amateur discuskeeper, Professional doofus

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shan_Evolved View Post
    Welcome and nice tank! Absolutely adore the background lighting setup. I'm going for something similar in my 125 soon.

Oh and thank you for being a true superhero. Health care workers need so much more love and respect then they are getting right now
    if you haven't seen the Current LED system let me know and I'll do a video. it is AMAZING!