AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darken for few minutes

Registered Member

Default Re: Darken for few minutes

Quote Originally Posted by AquaticNerd View Post
    Feeding 3 times a day with that messy of a mix, and only doing 30% water changes twice a week seems risky. I would concur with others and that there is an imbalance. I'd check your nitrate levels for one.

Up the water changes and you could see an improvement.
    I check ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels quite often there. With this feeding and water schedule nitrate level are remaining low (yes my test kid is not expired and it can shows good results). You might see hanging roots in the left corner of this tank. I submerged roots of few monstera plants. They are just amazing with taking out all NO2 or NO3 out of the water.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by pablos View Post
    Hmm ... Aren’t you using gelatin to stick food to side of a bowl when raising fry artificially?
    No gelatin but use metamucil because gelatin can build up in the Discus gut.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus View Post
    No gelatin but use metamucil because gelatin can build up in the Discus gut.
    Thanks Cliff .. I never thought gelatin might be a problem from guts. Are you using Metamucil for adults discus? how much are you adding for a mix?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by pablos View Post
    Thanks Cliff .. I never thought gelatin might be a problem from guts. Are you using Metamucil for adults discus? how much are you adding for a mix?
    I use egg white powder for a binder it's 99% protein, the amount just to take up some of the moisture. I don't measure just sprinkle some egg white powder and mix.

Cliff
    Last edited by CliffsDiscus; 01-24-2021 at 01:45 PM.

Real Name
    Fritz

I like to clean my filters in a 5 gallon bucket. Squeeze them out and empty the bucket a couple times. Then clean water in the bucket and let them stabilize. Had some funky stuff in a filter and it got all the fish sick. No issues since using the bucket. Of course tanks in general are a lot cleaner now with more experience but I still like the bucket.
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12