ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: New to this site!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Chris

Default New to this site!

Hello,

Just saying hello. I currently have a 125 G Angel fish tank. Talking with my local store they said sure just throw Discus in they will be fine. I took some of their water home and tested it compared to mine and said oh heck no. My fish appear fine but I know I can make them happier. So for the next few months I am really wanting to learn thru reading and asking for advice on the how's and why's to make the water a stable clean environment for my current fish.

Starting out I know my TDS in the tank is high. I have tested my tap water and it is high in comparison to the tanks at my local fish store. So I am currently learning if I need to RO.

So if you don't hear from me for a while know I am reading when I can. And I will dig and dig until I can't find answer in the Forum.

Chris.

Default Re: New to this site!

Hi Chris, new here to and new to discus keeping not fish keeping. I’m busy trawling the
    Pages and many videos / articles out there. Hope to see you around.

Cheers
    John

Real Name
    Brian

Welcome to Simply Discus! Please do not take advice from your local store!!!

Read, learn and ask questions here. We will all be more than happy to get you on your way, but discus have requirements that are different than angels and to simply throw them in with anything can be dangerous.

Please watch this video http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...TCH-THIS-VIDEO!

Real Name
    Tom

Many people do it but for me it one of the worst pairings. Discus and angels. Angels are aggressive and will move the discus away from the food. They are best in there own tanks not combined.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum. Lots of good information and people here to help you on your journey Please do lots the research. The video Brian linked is a great starting point.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Chris

Thanks Folks. Asking my Local fish shop is fun. Depends on who you talk to that day the answer is always something different. Now I do it just for fun.