ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Cloudy eye.

Registered Member

Default Cloudy eye.

Hey guys, need some opinions on one discus i have in the tank.
    It has had a case of cloudy eye or a haze over its one eye for a coupl of weeks now. Its the only fish that has this issue in the community tank.

It shows no signs of other sickness, swims with the group, eats every feeding and no white poop.

The water in the tank is 85 F. i do 50% changes every other day.
    My tank has been running for around 3 months now with 2 sponge filters ans 2 eheim 4 pro 600 canister.
    my values are 0 amm 0 nitrite 5-10 nitrate.

I have been dosing the tank with furan 2 for the last 4 days and i also added the recommended dosage of api salt into the tank 2 days ago.

However i do not see an improvement at all. i wouls figure that the furan 2 would help with thia issues since that ia what they state on the medication.

Should i add some more salt for the amount i drain out at each water change?
    Keep adding the furan 2 also?

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Cloudy eye.

Your water seems very good. I would finish the furan 2 but these things usually clear up on their own within a few days. How much salt are you using?

Registered Member

hey jeep ya i try to keep the water very clean. i will keep going with the furan. I used 1 table spoon for every 5 gallon. next water change should i add more since i am draining water?

Real Name
    Brian

During treatment, you want to replace only the salt being removed during water changes. I doubt the furan 2 was necessary at all, but it's a good plan to finish what was started.

Registered Member

ok well i have a water change scheduled for tomorrow so i will add some salt and see what happens. and i keep up with the salt until it clears up pretty much.