AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Albino Platinum Discus - Courtney of Jackie Tran @Tat Discus Prague.

Real Name
    Francis

Default Albino Platinum Discus - Courtney of Jackie Tran @Tat Discus Prague.

Grasshopper
    Francis

Registered Member
    Real Name
    David

Default Re: Albino Platinum Discus - Courtney of Jackie Tran @Tat Discus Prague.

Very nice!

Registered Member

Default Re: Albino Platinum Discus - Courtney of Jackie Tran @Tat Discus Prague.

I do not believe that I have seen a more pure white than these.

how to distinct an albino discus? Does red colored iris is considered albino, or the pupil have to be red too?

Real Name
    Francis

I think there is slight difference between Albino Platinum and Albino Blue Diamond....I had a group of Albino Blue Diamond ( more yellowish) long time ago and no where near the quality of Jackie Tran’s Albino Platinum .

Here are C-grade Albino Blue Diamonds.

DSCF0116.JPG
    Grasshopper
    Francis

the bd sure looks more white compared to normal bd. So red eye ring doesnt mean albino? I have Rgd that has red eye ring but im not sure if its albino since it got some dark pigments
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-09 at 11.06.23 (1).jpeg

here is my albino that is in quarantine tank
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-09 at 11.06.23.jpg

Real Name
    Francis

To my understanding Albino discus should have red pupil ( also known as rabbit eye)with red or orange iris....albino discus lack of black piaments.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Real Name
    Francis

My Albino Leopard Snakeskin

DSCF1607.JPG

My Albino Red Golden Diamond

2010_03110052.JPG

My Albino Snow White....fed too much food with red enhancers lol

2009_05150013.JPG

2009_05140081.JPG
    Grasshopper
    Francis

thanks for the help Francis, it has cleared the confusions I got regarding albino. Now I will stop bombarding this thread with questions

Real Name
    Willie

Quote Originally Posted by seanyuki View Post
    ...I had a group of Albino Blue Diamond ( more yellowish) long time ago and no where near the quality of Jackie Tran’s Albino Platinum..
    Albino Platinum seems to be a "not ready for prime time" variety, i.e. I can't seem to find high quality fish anywhere. The better ones are smallish, suggesting lots of inbreeding. I saw a single nice specimen in Singapore once, but the breeding effort seems lagging.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Real Name
    Shan

Wow the albino platinums are insane!
    Amateur discuskeeper, Professional doofus

Real Name
    Tom

Yes that’s a white discus!! Never cared for the albinos or what is called white but that’s a whole different color. I’ve seen it in angelfish and it’s impressive but I guess we’ll be waiting awhile before they’re available.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A View Post
    how to distinct an albino discus? Does red colored iris is considered albino, or the pupil have to be red too?
    This is the second time around for the albinos, the first was back in the 70s a local breeder name Lenny owner of Discus Heaven in Morgan Hill, California. I visited his operation and the albino Discus color were plain off white. To distinguish the albinos look at their pupil the color could be purple, dark blue, pink and dark cherry. Some of the dark colors pupils may look like the common Discus eye but the use of a flashlight will distinguish the albino.

Cliff