AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Universal Rocks Background

Registered Member

Default Universal Rocks Background

Hello, I have decided to go with a Universal Rocks background. I think they look really good plus I don't feel like scraping the paint off my 125 that is full. I can slide this right over the current black background. I am nervous of the black background and peppering, plus I have it for years and feel like a change. I am going with the slim one. It comes in Grey, brown and castle rock grey. The castle rock grey is a grey base with some brown and orange added. I did order their samples, but they were pretty small and did not help much. Thin layer of white sand substrate. Does anyone here have any thoughts to which color would look best with discus? I am leaning towards blue strains, but there will def be a mix in color. Thanks for any opinions.

Real Name
    Shan

Default Re: Universal Rocks Background

There is a certain gorgeousness to same strain tanks. Fully mixed looks amazing too. But I feel the prettiest is a color based tank with multiple blue strains together. In a 125 something like 4 blue turqs, 3 cobalts, 3 blue diamonds, a silver pigeon, and maybe 2 blue snakeskins.

As for the 3d backgrounds, I wouldn't worry. More your substrate will affect how they pepper and to be honest, a little peppering looks gorgeous and isn't bad at all. The fish will look amazing regardless. They are discus lol.

I personally have ordered standing logs from aquadecor for an upcoming build and will let you know how I like them
    Amateur discuskeeper, Professional doofus

Real Name
    Tom

I too have black in both my discus tanks. Is it the reason for the peppering? I don’t know? But my pigeons do pepper. So I’m interested in how your background comes out. Waiting for pictures .

Registered Member

That selection of discus sounds awsome, thanks

Registered Member

Think I will go with a grayish background with blue strains. Will ad pics when finally complete. Thanks

Registered Member

I've had one of them with a group of discus a long time ago. As mentioned, I'd worry more about the sand, just keep it light. You can't go wrong with the backgrounds, they look really really good in person. I had a grayish color and it looked great with mixed discus strains. I wouldn't hesitate to go with one again, they look very natural for what they are.

Real Name
    Willie

Quote Originally Posted by Shan_Evolved View Post
    ...But I feel the prettiest is a color based tank with multiple blue strains together. In a 125 something like 4 blue turqs, 3 cobalts, 3 blue diamonds, a silver pigeon, and maybe 2 blue snakeskins...
    What a great idea!
    At my age, everything is irritating.