ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny's Discus , Please Read Everyone, This is really Important.

Registered Member

Default Re: Kenny's Discus , Please Read Everyone, This is really Important.

This is so sad Kenny is such a great guy best customer service hands down u could get. The hobby is losing a legend that's for sure. Just not fair.

Real Name
    Tom

So sad! An icon of this hobby. Prayers going out to Kenny and his family!

Just saw this horrific news. Hit me pretty hard. So young, always sounded like a solid family man, gave anyone & everyone the time of day for help, insane amount of patience,... just a good soul, awesome person. It's just not right.

Don't want to pry one bit... but would be interested in donating money and/or time if any help needed since I used to educate & coordinate hospice. It's the bare minimum I can do. Overall, truly unreal and I'm just angry... hate seeing someone bust their *** to be good & do good... then they (and family) have to endure this.
    -Elliot

My heart is broken, not only for the selfish part of me who considers you a friend but so much more-for your family- especially your beautiful young niece I know you adore more than air. Also Forrest- so much trust there, and not only what you have done for the hobby but the example you have shown us as a human being. You are a gracious, humble, exceptional man who has never entertained a mean bone in your body. I’ll never forget a summer evening a few years ago now, at my home, in my very own backyard watching Al pacing back and forth on a call with you, helping you deal with the theft and misuse of your discus photos. Instead of letting loose with anger and retribution, you looked for peaceful, educated advice in your good friend. Two of my most favorite men in the hobby were in my backyard working out an issue together, calmly and peacefully- all I could do was supply a cold beer to one side of the conversation as I looked on.
    Since my very first introduction to you I expressed to everyone that you were the kindest man I’d never met. I had plans to fly across the country this summer and shake that hand you’d told me was worn and callused from so many years in the industry.
    You had moved from an acquaintance early on to a good friend. We had kept in touch over the years and I enjoyed the late night messages, laughter and screen shots illustrating your life, right up into November after I had received my last shipment from you. You pack as well as my grandmother had. I teased you about it, literally laminating the boxes with packing tape. Just a few short weeks ago we were laughing on the phone. I asked you to send me an invoice for the extra rolls of tape. That laughter- I’ll remember forever. No one will ever be able to fill your shoes. The fish you chose so carefully and sent to me are nothing short of exquisite. They are absolutely breathtaking and every time I look at them I realize they saw you last, they ate from your fingers, they were in your home.
    You will remain in my heart always and I know you’ve touched countless others over the last few decades.
    Kenny Chung, you mean the world to us. I hope you can hear this and not be so humble this time. Please- let it sink in and realize the impact you’ve not only made in the hobby, but to people... you’ve taught us about respect, kindness, generosity and how to treat others even if you don’t necessarily understand or agree with their thought processes- you see there is always good in everyone. Thank you for that Kenny. I wish I could have met your parents who instilled those qualities in you. The photos you showed me revealed their true character- pure joy and love on their faces. We lost parents together- your father, my mother.
    Thank you for being what the world needs more of. I know in my heart there are greater things awaiting you. You’ve made a huge difference here. You are in the hearts of so many.
    We laughed about you being my little brother... but you are certainly an older soul and wiser than I’ll ever be. Sending you my love and prayers.
    Jenene- your big sister always-
    🙏 ❤️💕💖🙏

Oh no...Not Kenny? How can this be true? I will keep him and his family in my heart.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

I'm so sad. I keep purchasing fish from him whenever I can. I also plan in the near future, after pandemic, I will visit his fish warehouse. this is the huge loss for the Discus community.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Kenny I didn't know you personally, but did know of your kindness and commitment to you customers through their fabulous reviews...my heart felt prayers go out to you, your wife and niece

Real Name
    Brian

Kenny and I were friends long ago when he was a hobbyist and then first starting his business. When I returned to the hobby after stepping away for several years, I was amazed at the growth of his business and the outstanding service he promoted. Whenever people talk about quality and integrity, eyes always turned to Kenny and Forrest. What a great guy!!

Real Name
    Frank

I read this out loud to my wife with shaking in my voice. Kenny, I paused and prayed for you and your family.

Kenny and this forum is what brought me back into the hobby after many years absent. Kenny was patient, kind, and treated me with the utmost respect regarding my purchase of 8 discus. I eventually just let him pick out what to send me. I was not disappointed in any fashion. Kenny treated me as if I were his first and only customer. His follow-up was A+++.

Thank you Kenny. May you be graced in comfort and strength. I will remember you in the upcoming days and weeks.

Frank

Real Name
    Tyrone

I am sadden to hear of this terrible news today. I've known Kenny for a great number of years, a wonderful person and an Icon in the Discus hobby. My family and I are sending our prayers to Kenny and his family. God Bless you my friend.

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter

I didn't know Kenny personally, but I am familar with the outstanding reputation he's had here on Simply forever.

it's always heartbreaking when good folks go through hard times. It feels so unfair.
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

Registered Member

Kenny is special. I will not add to what already has been said but rather feel an elevated appreciation of those Kenny fish that I now have swimming large and healthy in my tanks. They will serve as a constant reminder of a great businessman and person.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Kenny, I will miss you and hope your time with your family is filled with love and peace. You will be missed terribly. I wish all folks could use you as a measuring stick as you are truly a great man and true friend. You make the world a better place.
    Peace to you my friend,
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Hello fellow hobbyists

This is very sad news. It’s been 8 years since I’ve be kept discus and Kenny was a fabulous person to work with. He made the hobby so much better and was a most trusted person. I had hope to contact Kenny again

I will miss him as hobbyist but as a truly friendly and honest person. I will pray for him and his family. God has blessed Kenny and will do so again.

Regards
    Ken

Real Name
    Bill G.

A couple of years ago, I asked Kenny for a pic of himself. I wanted to know what the nicest most gentle speaking guy on the phone who sold me such awesome fish and gave me such great advice long after a fish sale looked like. I am posting this pic so as to put an image with the man we all speak so highly of. I hope I’m not offending anyone as I do this with warmth. If I errored in doing so, please delete as a moderator on this Forum sees fit. Looking at the pic has helped me through this. Respectfully with regret, Bill
    C3E7CBE8-F88C-40C2-BF04-E76DDE7BA40A.jpeg

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast