ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Kenny's Discus , Please Read Everyone, This is really Important.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Prashant

Default Re: Kenny's Discus , Please Read Everyone, This is really Important.

I am new to the hobby and this forum. Kenny's name came up all over the place if you want some quality discus and now it seems I will never get that chance. I am very very sorry to hear about the negative health news and wish Kenny is able to spend some quality time with his family.

I couldnt have been more shocked and mortified hearing this news.. and I am only a client but he left such an impression on me you cant help but love that guy. I feel terrible for him, his wife, his family, you, I cannot imagine losing a friend like a man like Kenny. He is lovely and he shined! A class act. I am deeply saddened upon hearing it, it is devastating to know such a good, kind, patient and gentle soul is not going to be with us anymore. When I reached out weeks ago and he didnt reply, I knew something was terribly wrong as he would always respond.

Kenny, you left your mark on this planet and everyone loved you. The care, the customer service, the attention to detail...You will be terribly missed. Prayers to you and your family. Thank you for all you did for me when I bought the fish, your generosity and how you made all your customers happy. We all love you. Im so sorry to know I can never pick up the phone and shoot you a text of my still growing Blue Scorpions...hugs and prayers...Thank you again for everything and God Bless you.

Liz Constantine

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Paul Soltero

May the last days of his life be peaceful and pain free surrounded by his family.

I have been so heartbroken about this. Not only is Kenny a professional, impeccable businessman, but he's been a member and friend of Simply since the beginning. I knew Kenny before he became one of the kings of the US discus business, when he was just a passionate discus keeper, breeding fish and sharing his hobby with all of us. I'm so sad that I haven't been in touch with him in the past few years. When I dipped my toes into importing, I reached out to Kenny via email and asked his opinion on a few things. A few minutes later, my phone rang. We had a long chat, and he told me I was always welcome to chat with him if I had questions or needed suggestions. He said he didn't view me as his competition and that there was room for all of us. But that's who Kenny is, and it's always the first thing that springs to mind when I think of him. It's impossible to overstate how friendly and helpful Kenny is; he's always been one to give generously of his time. I'm so sorry that he and his loved ones are going through this.

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

I have never spoken or corresponded with you Kenny, and only know of you through Simply Discus. Over the years I have read many posts on here about your exceptional service to your customers and dedication to the hobby we all love. Im on the other side of the world here in Australia, but im sure you've touched many all around the world.

Reading other's posts I can see that you are a kind soul and have touched many with your kindness.
    May you enjoy your beloved family and close friends...I bet you are smiling and thinking only of them and not yourself.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jay

Terrible. Cancer is the absolute worst.

I never had any personal dealings with him but knew his reputation. Truly sad to be losing someone like this, not just from the community but from the world.

Wish you the very best, Kenny.

Registered Member

Very sad news indeed!!! A loss for words. My prayers go out to Kenny and his family.

Registered Member

I am speechless. Kenny news really hit me hard. He will be missed by me and Discus community forever. My prayers to Kenny and his family. God bless you.

Registered Member

Got chills reading the news. such a big lost in the discus community and simply discus forum.

Registered Member

This is absolutely terrible news. After having slacked off for a while, I decided it was time to bring my 530 gallon planted discus tank back to it's former glory. Without hesitation I knew I would be going back to Kenny for the highest quality discus. I ordered 8 discus in October and 5 more in November. Kenny contacted me to let me know the Golden Passion discus I wanted were coming in December and would hold one for me. I had to tell him that I needed to hold off because I was having a mild bacterial infection in my tank, he told me to call him and I was on the phone with him for awhile. He was very helpful and even encouraging in the advice he gave me. Kenny isn't just very knowledgeable and generous with his time, you could tell that he is a genuine nice guy.
    My tank is fully recovered now and I'll never get the chance to thank Kenny again. Hopefully somebody will step in and carry on his legacy but it won't be the same. Kenny will be remembered and missed by everyone in the hobby.

This took awhile for me to post.... Kenny made my discus dream come true and became a friend and mentor... god be with you my friend

Real Name
    Tom

To all!! Just saw this on the Facebook sitehttps://gofund.me/f4aecb73

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    To all!! Just saw this on the Facebook sitehttps://gofund.me/f4aecb73
    Thank you so much for sharing this.

Kenny sent me the link today and was really surprised by it. He would not mind this .. I think he was very humbled by the go fund me Idea.

I would encourage anyone here that can contribute there to do so....it would be nice to see the community get behind this.

Thank you all!
    AL
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Bill G.

Thank you Tom, Al, and DiscusGuy.......beautiful thing to do.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast