ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny's Discus , Please Read Everyone, This is really Important.

Exclamation Kenny's Discus , Please Read Everyone, This is really Important.

Hi all,
    I have to share some very sad news with you all. Several weeks ago Kenny called me with devastating news. I was floored, literally crushed. He has been diagnosed with Terminal Cancer recently..and its very advanced. It hit him hard and fast.

He needs to focus on his family at this time, and so is leaving the hobby to spend his remaining time with his family. He asks you to respect his privacy here and on Social Media off SimplyDiscus.

Kenny wanted me to thank all of his customers and friends for their concern the last few weeks and their Support all these years.. Kenny's Discus has Closed Permanently as a result of his condition.

He asks that you not try to contact him because in his condition he really can not reply and really needs to conserve his strength for what time he has left for his family.

Kenny has been many things to many people here at Simply.. For me he has been a dear brother and close close friend for decades. The Hobby is losing a Giant that set the bar higher than anyone I know, and we are losing a friend like no other. I know we will all miss him dearly. Life is not fair, and this is terrible proof of that.

If you all wish to post something here for Kenny, Please do, and keep him and his family in your Thoughts and Prayers. Should Kenny or his family update me I will pass it on... but please do not contact him. He does not know how much Time he has left, and that time is for his Wife, Sister and Niece.

Thank You,
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: Kenny's Discus , Please Read Everyone, This is really Important.

What terrible news. I'm so sorry to lose a dear friend.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Real Name
    Francis

Very sad news for all of us.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Regina

I am new here on SD tho quickly learned how important Kenny and the high quality Discus he has bred to sell through the many years played an important part in raising the bar and setting high standards for Discus husbandry across the country.
    I am so sorry for his families loss and the Discus communities loss and especially for Kenny!

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

I am so sorry to hear this news. Thank you for letting us know Al, we have all been worried about him. He will be greatly missed.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

I’m in shock. Kenny has been a huge part of the amazing experiences I’ve had here on Simply Discus. The regular interactions on Simply and social media will be hugely missed. Kenny has been an icon in the discus community and even greater friend.

I am praying for Kenny, his family and his friends during this time.

Respectfully,

Real Name
    Larry

This is sad news and our hearts and prayers go out to him and his family. Thank you Al for letting us know.
    Larry

Real Name
    Steve

Thank you Al. This is terrible news. So many in the hobby owe so much to Kenny.

Real Name
    JACK AGLIATA

Beautiful discus from a real classy guy!!!! Always 5 STARS KENNY- YOU ARE IRREPLACEABLE!!!!! GOD BLESS FRIEND!!

I have nothing I can say, I don't know what to say, I am so sorry to hear this I just hate what I just heard. God bless you man and thank you for being Kenny. Jim in Ohio

Real Name
    Walter

That's absolutely terrible news. Kenny has provided so many nice fish to so many people on here over the years - a legend! I remember speaking with him on the phone and he wouldn't sell me fish that he knew I would not be happy with. Take care Kenny!
    Walter

Real Name
    Bill G.

Thanks Al for informing us so eloquently. My thoughts and prayers go out to Kenny and family. The discus world will never be the same wo Kenny. He is the epitome of niceness and decency and I’m blessed to have known him as I have. God be with you K.

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Kenny Discus was my first real discus purchased 10 yrs ago. This is shocking news to bear, prayers go out to his family. Love and peace for you my friend.

Registered Member

Sorry to hear this sad news. Praying for Kenny and his family.

You'll be terribly miss my friend. I wish I could visit his garage room one more time and tell him how grateful I am for all the advice. 😥😥😥

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast