AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny's Discus , Please Read Everyone, This is really Important.

Default Re: Kenny's Discus , Please Read Everyone, This is really Important.

Kenny you and your family are in my prayers. You are such a wonderful man and taught me so much about discus. You will be missed greatly. Just know that you are loved and a legend to so many of us.

Mishka
    "No I am not sending you that video! Although cash is king!"
    ~SOS California Crew~

It is amazing how you never met someone and yet know that he is the best you could know. I am so sorry that I did not have the chance to follow through with Kenny to have his discus. It was my plan for years, but somehow, I thought he’d always there. Will pray for Kenny and his family.

Registered Member

May all the thoughts and prayers forever be felt and known towards you Kenny, this man who has spent his time and
    love for this hobby and made many customers happy about owning Discus.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Scott Ludeke

Thank you, Kenny, for making so many of us smile over the years. Your fish have always been beautiful, of course, but it's your fanatical attention to quality and service which is most remarkable. Thank you for being so great!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Josh

I still can not believe this... I feel terribly sad. I wish him the best. Thanks for letting us know Al..

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jason

This news makes my heart ache so much. Praying for you my friend!

Jason

Real Name
    Sean

I only had the pleasure of speaking with Kenny once on the phone but he was an absolute pleasure to speak with. My heart goes out to him and his family. I lost my father to pancreatic cancer on January 1st 2017 and it happened so fast, we had only found out my dad was sick in mid-September. Cherish every moment with your loved ones.

Thanks Al for the update.
    It is devastating news and I am greatly saddened not being able to say hi and bye to him in person again. 😢
    Kenny is an icon in the Discus hobby. The quality of his Discus fish and customer service is unmatched. He is number one hands down.
    I’ve known Kenny for about 15 years and the last time I saw him was about 6 years ago when I visited his garage with my 2 year old son. I used to visit him almost every time he had a new Discus shipment. And I would either buy discus from him or just pick his brain because he was so knowledgeable about Discus.
    He will be greatly missed and my prayers goes out to him and his family. Take care my friend!😢
    b2b89

Registered Member

To say I am floored and heart broken is a gross understatement, I'm sure the same goes for everyone else that had the pleasure of working with Kenny. Kenny being the amazing guy he is, helped me get into this amazing hobby of keeping discus. The first time I called Kenny, I was just an ambitious 14 year old who dreamt of keeping and breeding high quality discus. He told me that if I am passionate enough and keep up the maintenance I could achieve my dream, with that said, he guided me and eventually shipped me my first discus. I am 22 now and have been keeping discus ever since, being in contact and buying from Kenny multiple times over the years. The last time I purchased discus from Kenny, I had intentions of breeding (in which he knew) and managed to somehow ship me a breeding pair, writing on the box "Matt, I did my best to select you a M/F pair, with hopes of future breeding success". Within a few weeks of being in the tank, the pair started to lay eggs and produced multiple batches of fry . I want to thank you Kenny for everything you taught me during our phone calls and emails, and for the memories/experiences I will never forget. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during these tough times.
    Last edited by discusmatt20; 02-15-2021 at 11:56 AM.

Kenny is a legend - I can't believe this is really happening!
    MOLON LABE

Registered Member JennaLuvsDiscus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jenna

Heartbreaking news. Poor Kenny. I just bought my first ever discus from his November shipment. He was so helpful, knowledgeable, and incredibly kind. The best in the business, no question! You will be forever missed Kenny. You are in my heart and prayers, please take care.

Real Name
    Jake

Absolutely devastated to hear this news. Kenny has been a great companion in the hobby. His dedication and customer service has always been top notch and goes above and beyond. When I was looking to complete my group this past November, I got in touch with Kenny asking about his Curipera Crosses and 3R intermediates. He didn't have them in November, but said that he spoke with Forrest and was getting some in his December shipment. I made my pre-order that day. A few weeks later, he said that they were coming in a bit larger than I had pre-ordered, but he was still going to honor his original prices and I received larger discus than I paid for. This story, while small, just goes to show how incredible of an individual he is.

Kenny - I am hoping for the best for you, and hope that you will be able to spend your final time enjoying your family and close friends.

Real Name
    Ken

Very sad news. Today, exactly 1 year ago on Feb 15, 2020 I received a shipment of Discus from Kenny. Not only did he guide everyone in their choices, but always honored and respected everyone he contacted. My prayers go out to Kenny and his family.
    Ken
    Sorry, I can’t brain today, I has the dumb.

Very shocking news. I am at loss of words and stunned since last morning. Besides the several awesome discus I got from Kenny over the last 8+ years, I got a great friend and chance to learn discus keeping from a gem of a person. I recall eagerly waiting for Kenny’s posts on shipment preview every month and then often driving up to his house in Daly City. Kenny’s garage was my happy place! Like many hobbyist here have expressed, what made Kenny’s discus special were not the discus alone but the experience of interacting with Kenny. What a gem of a person. More than the discus, I will be missing you Kenny my friend.

It hurts that I cannot meet you in these difficult times, but pray for you and family. Stay strong and I want you to remember how many hearts you have touched in the hobby and smiles you have put on thousands of hobbyists!

I am still praying for a miracle for you. Hope and long to talk with you....

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jeffrey Jones

I am so very sorry - I had not been in the hobby for over 10 years. When I decided to get back into the hobby, I purchased 4 discus from Kenny and then another 3 later. He was such a blessing and a help to me. He called me personally on 2 separate occasions to help me with my fish. He is a great guy and we will surely miss his presence in the hobby! I know the cancer is serious for him to step aside like this. I am praying the Lord will spare him.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast