AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Kenny's Discus , Please Read Everyone, This is really Important.

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Default Re: Kenny's Discus , Please Read Everyone, This is really Important.

My deepest sincere condolences go out to his family. What a terrible loss, he will never be forgotten in the discus community, RIP my friend, God bless, love & peace out.....

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

What a tragedy...thoughts and prayers for Mrs Kenny and his niece and extended family

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Im really sorry to let you all know that we have lost our friend.Kenny has passed on and is no longer with us.My heart goes out to his family and I pray that he is at peace now.

I could not sleep at all last night after having found out
    I am devastated. Kenny will never be forgotten.

Rest in Peace my friend...my brother.

AL
    The discus world has lost a truly honorable ambassador and a dear friend, and we were shocked and deeply saddened when we read your post, Al. Kenny's legacy will live on in all of our hearts and tanks, as many of us here are blessed to be able to express our gratitude to Kenny every day when we enjoy the beautiful fish he brought into our lives.

It is thanks to the SimplyDiscus community that I discovered Kenny's Discus. My family is fortunate enough to live close to the Bay Area, and we are grateful for our time spent with Kenny in his fish room, talking about our shared passion for these amazing fish. Kenny's kindness and friendly, professional nature are well-known. He was always willing to share his knowledge and expertise, and his ability to communicate humbly and compassionately made every encounter feel like catching up with an old friend.

Kenny touched our family from the moment we met him. My son was 8-years-old at the time, we had started breeding discus as a fun bonding project, and we saw the monthly post here, picked out several fish, and placed our first order. When we arrived at his home in Daly City, Kenny recognized my son's interest in the hobby, asked him how old he was and told him that he also started raising discus at 8, he took the time to tell him all about the different fish in the room, showed him pictures of fish he had bred, encouraged him to keep breeding and exploring the hobby, and after bagging all our fish, he gave my son an incredibly large and gorgeous fish for free. Every moment we shared with Kenny is a treasured memory, and we feel very fortunate to be raising babies from adults that he picked out for us. Every morning we give thanks for the opportunity to have met such a gentle soul, and we strive to possess a measure of Kenny's humility, patience, and grace.

Our prayers go out to everyone grieving. Peace and love to Kenny's family and friends.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Powerofunity View Post
    The discus world has lost a truly honorable ambassador and a dear friend, and we were shocked and deeply saddened when we read your post, Al. Kenny's legacy will live on in all of our hearts and tanks, as many of us here are blessed to be able to express our gratitude to Kenny every day when we enjoy the beautiful fish he brought into our lives.

It is thanks to the SimplyDiscus community that I discovered Kenny's Discus. My family is fortunate enough to live close to the Bay Area, and we are grateful for our time spent with Kenny in his fish room, talking about our shared passion for these amazing fish. Kenny's kindness and friendly, professional nature are well-known. He was always willing to share his knowledge and expertise, and his ability to communicate humbly and compassionately made every encounter feel like catching up with an old friend.

Kenny touched our family from the moment we met him. My son was 8-years-old at the time, we had started breeding discus as a fun bonding project, and we saw the monthly post here, picked out several fish, and placed our first order. When we arrived at his home in Daly City, Kenny recognized my son's interest in the hobby, asked him how old he was and told him that he also started raising discus at 8, he took the time to tell him all about the different fish in the room, showed him pictures of fish he had bred, encouraged him to keep breeding and exploring the hobby, and after bagging all our fish, he gave my son an incredibly large and gorgeous fish for free. Every moment we shared with Kenny is a treasured memory, and we feel very fortunate to be raising babies from adults that he picked out for us. Every morning we give thanks for the opportunity to have met such a gentle soul, and we strive to possess a measure of Kenny's humility, patience, and grace.

Our prayers go out to everyone grieving. Peace and love to Kenny's family and friends.
    What a beautiful memory of Kenny and his kindness.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Powerofunity View Post

Wonderfully said! He made me feel like that 8yr old when we met 3 yrs ago and I'm 52! Say hello to Heaven for us Kenny! Love you bro!

P.S. I'm going to say it....why has Kenny's Gofund Me goal not been met? This is SO Incredulous to me! Sorry if this is insensitive.
    Last edited by fivestar68; 04-11-2021 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Kenny's gofund goal me not met

Real Name
    Bill G.

Quote Originally Posted by fivestar68 View Post
    wonderfully said! He made me feel like that 8yr old when we met 3 yrs ago and i'm 52! Say hello to heaven for us kenny! Love you bro!

p.s. I'm going to say it....why has kenny's gofund me goal not been met? This is so incredulous to me! Sorry if this is insensitive.

p.s. I'm going to say it....why has kenny's gofund me goal not been met? This is so incredulous to me! Sorry if this is insensitive.[/quote]

+1
    Last edited by 14Discus; 04-11-2021 at 11:30 AM.

I know of several hundred more coming this week. How short is it right now?
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Jake

Right now we're at $5,755 - with a transaction completing this week, there should be another several hundred coming in. However, even after that we're going to be some $3,900-ish short of the $10k goal. I wish there was more I could do.

Real Name
    Jack

I feel so obligated to make sure the Goal of $10.000 is met if not more! I'm a disabled vet and get paid once a month. I will be sending more soon! Kenny has done sooooooooooooooo much for the hobby and people in general! My mission is that We will make the same impression on his family as Kenny did to All of us at one point in time! I listen to his voice mails and cry. I have every single text from 2018 when Kenny and I met & I purchased my first 8 discus! I'm fairly lost as what I will do when I reach to call Kenny. I'll just say hello Kenny we ALL have your family taken care of and say hello to Heaven for us ALL! Love you bro!

http://youtu.be/KjT-I-uaxeI

Also I am going to start working on a memorial video and I still would like all of you to send me something if you like to include in the memorial! Send pics & short vids to jackandrazz@yahoo.com
    Last edited by fivestar68; 04-12-2021 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Added video.

Registered Member

I'll make another donation as well. And have been pretty bummed since hearing he passed. I hope his family, and subsequently the community here are doing as well as they all possibly can.

Real Name
    Jack

Thank you so much! You are very appreciated.
    Peace

Real Name
    Jake

Thanks to Elliot (pastry) for purchasing my 4 3R intermediates that I received from Kenny last winter. More details about those can be found here: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...Discus)!/page2

I'm including Kenny's GoFundMe information again for those that are interested in helping take care of his family: https://gofund.me/f4aecb73

Real Name
    Amy

So sorry to all who knew him. I did not but I send my condolences to all who did. F CANCER.
    I hope and pray one day soon we find a cure. ����

Registered Member

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789