I thought I'd give an update on the sick Discus...Fargo

GOOD NEWS!! She no longer is fostering what I believe was Saprolegnia Fungus. She is still in the hospital tank and has one more dose of 'Super Fungus Plus' to receive tonight.
Her appetite is back to normal.
Coloring is still somewhat off and the infected eye is a bit cloudy, but I am confident that she will have a full and complete recovery!

This has been a long battle!! She went into the hospital tank on February 12th.

The hospital tank was placed on the kitchen counter near the sink. I will miss her regularly coming over to watch me while I did dishes etc...

These are the meds I used and in the order that I used them in:

Aquarium salt dosed 3tbsp/10 gal. first time for 3 days and then another dose.. exact same dosage and days. Fungus seemed to go away but when I put fresh water in the tank the fungus came back 3 times thicker on her eye but never returned to her tail/fins.

I then next did a Methylene Blue treatment according to instructions on bottle.. No Change

Then I added another salt treatment as well as started her on Furan-2. (according to instructions on box)
After 2 days of Furan-2 I started her on Kanaplex (according to instructions on box)

Kanaplex seemed to kill off a lot of the fungus but by the time the Treatment was over there STILL was what looked like the 'body' of the fungus protruding from her eye.

I left her untreated for 3 days and the protrusion on her eye was seeming to start to grow fungus again

So I next treated her with 'Super Fungus Plus' made by Aquatronics and this stuff is AWESOME! 3 doses are recommended and after the first dose the protruding fungus on her eye disappeared!
Yay!

She is now noticeably happier and I will keep her in the hospital tank for at least 3 more days and maybe more. Depends on her coloring and appetite and how active she may get.

THANK YOU to those of you who took your time to help Fargo get well!

Regina

This view of her is showing the recovered eye that was thickly covered in Fungus 327550EB-4A5A-44E9-B0D0-12FBD46B3BA4_1_201_a.jpg