AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue face San Merah Discus

Registered Member
    Real Name
    David

Default Re: Blue face San Merah Discus

I started a thread about San Merah's recently but there are a lot of comments about them online. I order from DiscussMadness and have good communication with Mathias. DiscussMadness has San Merah's, Rose Reds, and, Blue-Faced San Merah's on their site. I am unclear if San Merah's are unbarred as they grow out. I have three of Discuss Madness's grow-out size San Merah's and I am thinking of moving them into a 68 gallon with 3 not yet ordered Red Rose's. I really like these strains I will breed them if I get the right combinations; I am open to other sources as well. Good Thread.
    Last edited by dornblaser; 02-21-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Real Name
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus View Post
    Look into some blue face browns or what was once call Hong Kong Blues both don't have any Pigeonblood bloodline. Currently few local breeders have these strains as they would bring these Discus fry to LFS and be offer nothing because of no color. Only way I know this is because the LFS would call me.

Cliff
    Cliff

Is this what you are talking about ? Someone posted this fish on another discus site on facebook ..... they tagged it as a blue face brown.

20210221_182816[2964].jpg
    Last edited by Larry208; 02-21-2021 at 08:51 PM. Reason: addition

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Larry208 View Post
    Cliff

Is this what you are talking about ? Someone posted this fish on another discus site on facebook ..... they tagged it as a blue face brown.

20210221_182816[2964].jpg
    Larry,
    Looks similar but with the stress bars and lightly blue face/gill plates with the blue halo.

Cliff

Real Name
    Jake

The Blue-Faced San Merah looks similar to what Kenny has sold under the 3R / 3R Intermediate strain. I'm sure Kenny wouldn't mind me sharing, but this is from his last shipment in December 2020:

These images are 2 months later directly after adding them to the main tank. Ignore the torn fins / minor scrapes / color differences - they were NOT happy being moved from one tank to the next (also, I'm no photographer :P).

Real Name
    Larry

Jake
    Thank you, those look great, nice color.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12