ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clever Mouse Raiding My Back Patio Bodega

Registered Member

Default Re: Clever Mouse Raiding My Back Patio Bodega

You can trap them anyway you'd like. But they are here to stay because we are living in their habitat. We are the invaders

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter

I appreciate that you have a strong opinion Andy. They are fine to live among us. But they don't really need to poop and pee on every tool that I own. They don't need to render every piece of wood and cloth unusable. I'm surrounded by acres and acres of desert with beautiful vegetation, burrows aplenty, etc...... I ask for a 3x8 footprint to store materials and tools. They weren't inhabiting that 3x8 spot of concrete before the walls were erected.... they don't need to make it their personal privy now....
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

I couldn't agree more, Peter. Imagine what would have happened to your wife had she set off a fire in her oven because they had been using a place so near to her food cooking as their feed bin.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

I live in northern Ct. and every year it's the same battle. The invasion of mice.
    I finally think I have it solved. First thing I did is to have new garage doors installed.
    Fully sealed all around. My old ones were a highway to heaven.
    This was after they did 1800$ worth of damage to the wiring in my wife Mini clubman.
    Next was sealing the cellar hatch back doors. Used a rodent repellent foam .Comes in a can
    similar to a spray paint can.
    Finally, I used sticky traps. I bought the ones for rats but in past years I would get 3 or 4 mice per trap. This year 0.
    I finally won. I think?
    Jay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12