ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discus Tank Help Please...!

Default Re: Discus Tank Help Please...!

All I ever get is a film on my glass, I don't ever get any algae growing on my glass or in my tank..I have a fluval aquarium light and I can adjust each color light spectrum were I only get my plants growing and no algae. It took my awhile to get the spectrums just right..
    I love my Discus

Real Name
    Vinni Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdave View Post
    Attachment 130846

This will solve that problem, magnetic algae glass cleaner..no reason to not ever have one of these, especially when owning a tall tank..makes cleaning aquarium glass so easy...they also have for acrylic
    I have a couple different brands of those.
    They work great except for that real strong green algae on an acrylic tank.
    However Iminit advised I use the Mr Clean scrubbers with them and that works great!

20210321_195015.jpg

Like this... this is also a great tool for tall tanks..it extends and also shortens...
    I love my Discus

Homesteader
    Real Name
    Bathi

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Nice looking tank and discus!!
    Thank you

Homesteader
    Real Name
    Bathi

I used magnetic glass cleaner, But after few months , i noticed my glass is scratching from that. Are we need to change those after few months of using.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Bathi View Post
    I used magnetic glass cleaner, But after few months , i noticed my glass is scratching from that. Are we need to change those after few months of using.....?
    Hi...I had mine about 1 year but used them for many years and never scratch glass...you got to make sure to clean the one that goes in the water and go very gently and slowly when you get close to the sand and or gravel...thats how I been lucky enough to not scratch glass...
    I love my Discus

Homesteader
    Real Name
    Bathi

Hi...I had mine about 1 year but used them for many years and never scratch glass...you got to make sure to clean the one that goes in the water and go very gently and slowly when you get close to the sand and or gravel...thats how I been lucky enough to not scratch glass...
    next time ill try gently and slowly..

next time ill try gently and slowly..
    Hi..did you decide on the size tank yet?
    I love my Discus

Homesteader
    Real Name
    Bathi

Hi..did you decide on the size tank yet?
    yes. i wll wait for couple of months and build the long tank. maximum height 2ft and width 2ft or 2.5ft. Length depend on the money .. Atleast 6ft

yes. i wll wait for couple of months and build the long tank. maximum height 2ft and width 2ft or 2.5ft. Length depend on the money .. Atleast 6ft
    Excellent! 2.5" width would be awesome if you can swing it while your in this early designing stage. The depth would look great...good luck and keep me posted once you get it. I would love to see it up and running....I am happy for you...
    I love my Discus

Homesteader
    Real Name
    Bathi

Excellent! 2.5" width would be awesome if you can swing it while your in this early designing stage. The depth would look great...good luck and keep me posted once you get it. I would love to see it up and running....I am happy for you...
    I have another idea about adding a ray with discus. Thats why i try to go for the 2.5 width.

Definitely for stingrays you would need the 2.5" ... so do you plan on keeping the rays and discus at 82 degrees? Because that's the rays max temperature i believe and the discus lowest temperature is 82-83 degrees..and what if you need to raise the temp for the discus for any reason to the high 80's...would the rays be able to handle that for a long period of time? I'm curious...I'm sure they would look so nice together but there's so many questions as to temperature..again I'm no expert but those are thequestions I would be asking myself...and last thought being the discus poop so big and so much is that healthy for the rays, being rays are always on the bottom of the tank...rays and discus are very sensitive and expensive, which is why I would be asking myself so many questions...
    I love my Discus

Homesteader
    Real Name
    Bathi

Definitely for stingrays you would need the 2.5" ... so do you plan on keeping the rays and discus at 82 degrees? Because that's the rays max temperature i believe and the discus lowest temperature is 82-83 degrees..and what if you need to raise the temp for the discus for any reason to the high 80's...would the rays be able to handle that for a long period of time? I'm curious...I'm sure they would look so nice together but there's so many questions as to temperature..again I'm no expert but those are thequestions I would be asking myself...and last thought being the discus poop so big and so much is that healthy for the rays, being rays are always on the bottom of the tank...rays and discus are very sensitive and expensive, which is why I would be asking myself so many questions...
    Adding the ray is just a thought at this stage. Before I can do that, I need to read a lot of articles. I've never experienced*with rays before. However, I enjoy learning new experiences as well.
    Anyway, I need to finish the tank for my discus first. It is better if the tank is good for rays too. There are still no shipments due to the COVID situation. So, if I plan to add the rays as well, I'll have to wait longer than 6 months.

Real Name
    Tom

Yes read up on rays!! There not cheap. I have one store by me that sells them. Cheapest is $299. I’ve read hear and there of people who keep Ray’s with their discus. Not many do. There are different types of rays. The guy by me has 4 different types. So I’m guessing there must be one that can handle the warm water. They need lots of room. Again guessing but I’d say they are for the more advanced fish keepers.

Homesteader
    Real Name
    Bathi

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Yes read up on rays!! There not cheap. I have one store by me that sells them. Cheapest is $299. I’ve read hear and there of people who keep Ray’s with their discus. Not many do. There are different types of rays. The guy by me has 4 different types. So I’m guessing there must be one that can handle the warm water. They need lots of room. Again guessing but I’d say they are for the more advanced fish keepers.
    Thank you for the reply.. Actually adding the rays idea is still pending. But i like to get more experiences from different species. Specially from the advanced fish types. I learned lot of things from the discus.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast