AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Group of 9, mostly F1 Alenquer and Eruptions, PU or shipping

Real Name
    Bill

Default Group of 9, mostly F1 Alenquer and Eruptions, PU or shipping

Hello SD Friends,

I have been putting this off as long as possible as I enjoy my discus, but… my family and I have a chance to housesit for a relative a 24-hour drive away from here, and to remain in proximity to the extended family we haven’t been able to see for a really long time—all while continuing to work and keep our son in school remotely. In reality, we are hoping to be able to relocate, so it’s possible this could be a first step in that process. At minimum, it looks like we’ll be away for four months!
    So, sadly for me, it’s time to rehome my discus. I don’t know anyone locally who can handle them, so I’m turning to SD.

Here’s what I have:

3 5”+ F1 Alenquer I got as young fish in August of 2018 from Uncle Sam’s. The video and lighting doesn’t show them off well but the largest male is a nice fish, and was a good father the few times I gave him a chance to breed. (There are old pics of him on the site under better light if anyone wants to look for them.) I suspect if he were pampered and conditioned a bit he could do well again in this role for someone so inclined.

1 4”+ “Green Discus” I got about just over a year later from the same source. It looks similar to a Red Cover I would say in the video, with nice shape. I’m pretty sure it’s a female.

4 3-4”+ Batik Eruptions and Leopards I got from a batch of very young fish from Greg at GVB Discus, a hobbyist on SD some of you will know, in Sept., 2019. A couple of these turned out pretty nicely, and they come from great genetics—dad is a champ. Not all of them grew out that well under my care, but those who didn’t, well, they’ve got spunk.

1 3” Red Turk, which came from the same source and was bred from Piwowarski parents. The group got off to a rocky start, something I knew from the start, but I decided to practice growing out. This one managed to stay with us and is small but otherwise okay. Got some spunk to go with the somewhat inflated pedigree!

Under the circumstances I’m more interested in finding people who can actually care for these fish than making money on them, and I’d like to sell them as one group. If you’re here on SD you are almost by definition knowledgeable enough to keep them, so all I am asking is for someone to make a fair offer for the group, more in the sense of “earnest money” that shows a person values the fish themselves (and will act accordingly), rather than what a retailer might expect to get for them. If you can come pick them up in central Arkansas, that would be fabulous. If not, I’m willing to ship overnight, though I don’t know for sure if I can fit them in one box, and naturally the buyer would need to pay for the cost.

Here are a couple of quick, unedited phone videos after today’s water change.

Here’s to some new adventures!

Real Name
    Bill

Default Re: Group of 9, mostly F1 Alenquer and Eruptions, PU or shipping

Anybody out there?

One of you really should save these fish and see what happens with them! They're nice. And sadly, the future is not looking good for them otherwise... I have a 12-year-old in the neighborhood coming today whom we will pay to look after my son's tropical tank and our houseplants once every two weeks, but that's it. I am going to try to gauge today if he or his mom show any confidence or interest in trying to look after them.

Even if so, the future for these fish is looking like one of three bad options as of right now: extended fasting and every-2-week water changes over a 4-month period, a trip to the local fish store where they will probably sicken and die, or euthanasia. I probably can't do #2 or #3, leaving these guys to eat very sparingly for way too long under the care of folks who will be sad if and when things don't go well...

All I need is one person up for the rescue mission. Let's go SD!

Real Name
    Jake

You could try posting on Simply Discus's facebook page as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/795034917244072

I'm not sure if you're actually allowed to post that you're selling fish due to Facebook's policy, but it's worth a shot.

Real Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by AquaticNerd View Post
    You could try posting on Simply Discus's facebook page as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/795034917244072

I'm not sure if you're actually allowed to post that you're selling fish due to Facebook's policy, but it's worth a shot.
    Thanks, Jake. I will at least see if I can direct anyone browsing over there to the forum to see if there's interest in the rescue mission.

I probably should have made more of a sales pitch here than a plea, which is why I'm not in sales. Oh well.

Here is a look at a couple of the Alenquers under different light a little more than a year or so ago... http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...=1#post1329634

Planning to leave in 7 days. Someone should swoop in and enjoy them!

Real Name
    Brian

Feel free to post on FB. Just use the word "available" and tell them to follow the link or PM you there for details. Can't use the word "sale" or anything that looks like a sales post.

I wanted to buy from Greg but he never replied to my messages...

Real Name
    Bill

Thanks, Brian. Just wrote something before I saw this, but hopefully managed to conform to FB's requirements. All the best!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Richard Milne

PM sent

Registered Member

I’m interested on the Alenquer, how much for the 3 ? I already have one and would love to give it some company.

Here a pic of my 180 gallon tank .

4026E565-66BA-4EAE-9083-DE68017D4775.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tshethar View Post
    Hello SD Friends,

I have been putting this off as long as possible as I enjoy my discus, but… my family and I have a chance to housesit for a relative a 24-hour drive away from here, and to remain in proximity to the extended family we haven’t been able to see for a really long time—all while continuing to work and keep our son in school remotely. In reality, we are hoping to be able to relocate, so it’s possible this could be a first step in that process. At minimum, it looks like we’ll be away for four months!
    So, sadly for me, it’s time to rehome my discus. I don’t know anyone locally who can handle them, so I’m turning to SD.

Here’s what I have:

3 5”+ F1 Alenquer I got as young fish in August of 2018 from Uncle Sam’s. The video and lighting doesn’t show them off well but the largest male is a nice fish, and was a good father the few times I gave him a chance to breed. (There are old pics of him on the site under better light if anyone wants to look for them.) I suspect if he were pampered and conditioned a bit he could do well again in this role for someone so inclined.

1 4”+ “Green Discus” I got about just over a year later from the same source. It looks similar to a Red Cover I would say in the video, with nice shape. I’m pretty sure it’s a female.

4 3-4”+ Batik Eruptions and Leopards I got from a batch of very young fish from Greg at GVB Discus, a hobbyist on SD some of you will know, in Sept., 2019. A couple of these turned out pretty nicely, and they come from great genetics—dad is a champ. Not all of them grew out that well under my care, but those who didn’t, well, they’ve got spunk.

1 3” Red Turk, which came from the same source and was bred from Piwowarski parents. The group got off to a rocky start, something I knew from the start, but I decided to practice growing out. This one managed to stay with us and is small but otherwise okay. Got some spunk to go with the somewhat inflated pedigree!

Under the circumstances I’m more interested in finding people who can actually care for these fish than making money on them, and I’d like to sell them as one group. If you’re here on SD you are almost by definition knowledgeable enough to keep them, so all I am asking is for someone to make a fair offer for the group, more in the sense of “earnest money” that shows a person values the fish themselves (and will act accordingly), rather than what a retailer might expect to get for them. If you can come pick them up in central Arkansas, that would be fabulous. If not, I’m willing to ship overnight, though I don’t know for sure if I can fit them in one box, and naturally the buyer would need to pay for the cost.

Here are a couple of quick, unedited phone videos after today’s water change.

Here’s to some new adventures!

Real Name
    Bill

Hi everyone--first off, my apologies to three of you who contacted me via PM, plus others who posted here. I thought I had adjusted my settings so that I would receive email notifications if anyone posted or PMed me, but evidently that wasn't the case. It's only now that I've realized some kind people have tried to help or have shown interest in the fish.

Sorry about this. The good news is that shortly after I posted in the FB version of SD I heard from someone who is able to take the group as is, and the plan is for them to go out tomorrow. Needless to say, it's a relief, and looks to be a happy ending as the individual has a lot of tanks as well as a group of discus, so the future seems bright.

Thanks to everyone who tried to contact me--I appreciate it--and I hope you all end up with (more) great fish.