AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Save These Fish (Kenny's Discus)!

Real Name
    Jake

Default Please Save These Fish (Kenny's Discus)!

Hello SimplyDiscus community,

Unfortunately, some very unexpected things have come up recently and it is the most difficult decision that I am having to part with my beloved Kenny's Discus. I have listed the strains below along with their size when purchased. I'm in the Louisville, KY metro area. Ideally, I would prefer if these were not shipped because I don't have the expertise nor the equipment to bag and ship them properly. I am willing to deliver (within reason) or potentially meet up halfway at a mutually agreed location. I'm willing to drive a few hours time for someone who can take care of these fish knowing they're going to a good home.

With the recent events happening to Kenny, I'm not looking to make a profit on these fish nor break even with what I paid for. I'm asking for $125 per fish / $1,000 for the lot of 8. All proceeds from the sale of these fish will be donated to Kenny's GoFundMe, so if you are willing to pay more, it is going to a good cause. After sale, I will provide evidence that the money has been donated to Kenny's GoFundMe.

1 - 6"+ Fineline Snakeskin
    1 - 6"+ Leopard with Ring Gene
    1 - 6.5"+ Forrest Giant Blue
    1 - 5.75-6" Straight-Line Turquoise
    4 - 6.5"+ Royal Ruby Red Intermediate (3R Intermediate)

Ideally, I'd like to sell them as a group, but I can break up the group within reason. These fish eat basically anything - they currently eat New Life Spectrum pellets, Xtreme Krill Flakes, Omega One Garlic Marine Flakes, and Al's Freeze-Dried Blackworms (FDBW).

I don't have Facebook, but please feel free to share this post on SimplyDiscus's Group and point them to this thread and contact me via PM.

For pictures, you can see this post on my aquarium thread for the first four fish: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...=1#post1350513

This post contains pictures of the four 3R Intermediates while in QT: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...=1#post1351018

And here's a few pictures of them the day I added the 3Rs to the display:

Last edited by AquaticNerd; 03-29-2021 at 08:56 AM.

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Please Save These Fish (Kenny's Discus)!

I'll share it on FB for you. Good luck and thanks for your generous donation to Kenny!

Real Name
    Jake

Thank you Brian!

Real Name
    Shan

Damn wish I was closer. Would love to take 2 or 3. Sorry you have to leave them!
    Amateur discuskeeper, Professional doofus

Real Name
    Willie

These are gorgeous fish, but I'm more than a couple of hours of driving away. Good luck.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Jake, keep me posted on 4 3R Intermediates. If they don't sell then I'll buy if you're good with me sending you the materials to ship and pay + coordinate pick up. Great cause. I'm still in the dumps about Kenny going through this sh...
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Jake

All,

Thank you for the kind words. I really love this group and it's a shame to see them go.

Elliot - thanks for the inquiry. I've got a pretty short deadline of about a month, so unless I hear something about the group soon you will be hearing from me. I'd be happy to ship so long as someone with more experience can help with some guidance as far as bagging, etc. I still have the old boxes I received from Kenny, so really would just need help with what bags and heatpacks to get. They won't be as well sealed as Kenny's, but I can use lots of rubber bands.

I am also devastated by what's happening with Kenny, which is why I want everything from the sale of his beautiful fish to go back to him.

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter

Those four Royal Ruby Reds are the most beautiful Discus I've ever seen. Wow.
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

Real Name
    Jake

Thanks for the kind words Peter!

Just a little update. It is my understanding that the four 3R intermediates have been spoken for - Elliot (aka pastry) made the first claim for them and is providing me with the gear to ship the fish to them.

The remaining fish are listed below if anyone remains interested:

1 - 6"+ Fineline Snakeskin
    1 - 6"+ Leopard with Ring Gene
    1 - 6.5"+ Forrest Giant Blue
    1 - 5.75-6" Straight-Line Turquoise

If anyone is interested in the final four (as a group), I'm willing to meet up halfway (or directly deliver) within a reasonable driving distance - I can drive up to about 4-ish hours to meet up halfway, or roughly 200-250 miles surrounding the Louisville, KY metro area. I'm somewhat open to shipping, but I don't have the equipment other than the boxes that I received the fish in.

I was able to manage to get some more shots for you all with most of the final group in them. Please pardon the messy tank - they just had a large water change and I took them during feeding time.

Fineline SS & FGB (Turq in the top left corner):

Leopard Swimming off:

Leopard and Fineline SS:

FGB Zoomies:

Real Name
    Shan

I don't see the fish! But as we discussed earlier, I would definitely purchase 2 of them. Just not 4. If you do decide to ship, or even meet halfway for 2 I would be down to buy

Real Name
    Jake

Strange, they're showing up fine for me - they're GIFs so it shows them swimming around the tank. I'll provide direct links here so hopefully at least folks can click on the links to view them.

https://imgur.com/cDdRvxZ

https://imgur.com/ZBifoSC

https://imgur.com/pz1lt1E

https://imgur.com/hDuLKbf

https://imgur.com/0pOWcyl

Real Name
    Shan

It works now. Was just my crappy work computer

Real Name
    Brian

Those are some nice discus. Very well cared for!

Real Name
    Jake

Thank you Brian. They have definitely been spoiled. A few months ago, I ended up getting tired of the sand substrate so I ripped it all out and left it bare bottomed. I also removed the stonework that I had in the tank because I found that it just trapped dirt and debris and gave it a good place to hide. It makes it easier for me to do maintenance and I've noticed that water quality is much better than before - overall clarity as my water change schedule never let nitrates go past 10-20ppm.

Hopefully someone is able to get these final four - I've got until the end of the month to care of them!

Real Name
    Jake

Update:

Someone local has taken the Leopard, so now I've only got the three remaining as mentioned above (Turq, FGB, FLSS).

My timeline is getting pushed up a little bit, so I've only got until this weekend before I'll be offloading them to a LFS who is willing to take them without value. I'd much rather have someone interested in them take them and it looks like I will need to ship over being able to make a longer trip for delivery or meetup. I'm willing to be a little more flexible on price but any shipping costs will also need to be paid for by the buyer.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast