ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Struggle

Registered Member

Default Struggle

What are your daily struggles and how do you overcome this? We all have problems caused by the current situation or family. Depression and anxiety is the leading problem for me.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Struggle

Keep reaching out and maybe things will get better. Pretending sh!t isn’t real never helps.
    I have health issues that rob me of enjoying daily life.
    I just keep fighting. If I have a day where I can’t, I fight the next day.
    Keeping discus helps a lot. It forces me to get out of bed even when I feel I just can’t. The fish need water changes and that motivation.
    Best wishes, Matt
    Last edited by matt parsons; 04-09-2021 at 10:09 AM.

Registered Member

Hi Moretta,

I have struggled and sometimes still struggle. For me I have to have my act wholly together or I struggle. No margin for error.

Even once your act is together, it is still easy to lapse into old ways. Be proactive. I love this forum but can't sit too long. It is unhealthy.

POSITIVE ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING. Read "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrnes and "Illusions" and "Johnathan Livingston Seagull" by Richard Bach. This type of thinking at first will seem crazy, then from experience you will see that it is true. We are taught much B.S.. It brings you down.

Be Positive, Work Hard, NEVER GIVE UP. We are all Badasses in the making with great talent in some form or other. Use it! Make a difference!

Hee hee, LUV U,
    andy
    Last edited by andy77; 04-09-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Registered Member

Hi Matt,

Yes, the water changes and fish are therapeutic. I too have maintenance which gets me motivated.

I wish you good strong health and many, many, many hours to come with your fish.
    Andy

Registered Member

I agree with you all, taking this problem day by day. It would be more of a struggle if we pretend and don't deal with those immediately.

Registered Member

What are some positive experiences have you experienced while working with a therapist?

Real Name
    Brian

Life can be a struggle if you let it be one. You overcome by learning, adapting and facing it...

Registered Member

You cannot will away anxiety and depression. The old guard who taught us up with lines like: "just tough it out or stiff upper lip" were wrong.
    A good therapist is often a salvation. Its just too sad that its unaffordable to most.