ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Anoxic filter ?

Default Anoxic filter ?

Dose anyone have any experience with an Anoxic filter? I don't have a sump so probably not gona work for me. Just wondering if they work and what results you have seen if you have one in use?
    Husband & Father

Integrity – To be honest and truthful in all things!
    Imagine if everyone lived there life with true integrity?

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Default Re: Anoxic filter ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel77 View Post
    Dose anyone have any experience with an Anoxic filter? I don't have a sump so probably not gona work for me. Just wondering if they work and what results you have seen if you have one in use?
    I do not have any experience with Anoxic Filter Systems, but there is this thread which went into great depths about the subject.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...=anoxic+filter

Hope this helps.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Shan

I'm running one right now. It's almost fully cycled but I don't expect it to completely change nitrates in my tank. Maybe help a little but I still plan on doing large water changes. One of the main benefits are the reduction of not elimination of phosphates. This drastically reduces or eliminates algae
    Amateur discuskeeper, Professional doofus

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

I have a large Biocenosis Clarification Basket (BCB) in my sump for a 125-gallon discus tank since January 2021. I not the one to be always testing my water, but I have noticed to a slight change in fewer algae and brighter colors on my fish. Check out Dr. Novak's U-tube channel for skinny on anoxic filtration.

Thanks Guys - I have watched some of His Videos. I don't have a sump so its not an Option for me. cool though, no idea how I could implement it on my setup
    Husband & Father

Integrity – To be honest and truthful in all things!
    Imagine if everyone lived there life with true integrity?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by farebox View Post
    I have a large Biocenosis Clarification Basket (BCB) in my sump for a 125-gallon discus tank since January 2021. I not the one to be always testing my water, but I have noticed to a slight change in fewer algae and brighter colors on my fish. Check out Dr. Novak's U-tube channel for skinny on anoxic filtration.
    I read through your posts earlier this week as i was doing some research. I appreciate you continuing to support the hobby and giving updates as you have. It really helps to sort fact from fiction. I have been running mine for a month or two now, but havent seen anything astounding. I am wondering if you are still using your BCBs as your only bio-filter and what kind of water change schedule do you still do if at all? Would be great if you could add the nitrates/nitrites/ and ammonia levels.

Thanks again
    -joe