AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Feeding -Especially Stendker Discus

Default Feeding -Especially Stendker Discus

Hi All

I’m interested to know what foods Stendker owners are feeding to there discus and how often.
    I have just ordered my first group at 6.5cm and Stendker recommend 3 times per day using there own feed. I am going to do this but they do say you can supplement between this too.

I’m thinking either pellets or a mix of flake so that it’s possibly something the other fish in aquarium will take too so it’s an easy transfer to display.

Any thoughts on whether flake or pellet is better and any recommendations?

Cheers
    John

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Feeding -Especially Stendker Discus

I feed my Stendker discus like the rest. Flakes, fdbw,sera color bits,tetra color crisps. Really whatever they will eat. Mine eat most everything I add. Also as a treat once or twice a week I feed them frozen blood worms and brime shrimp.

Ok that’s good to know. Will have a mix of pellets in an auto feeder to add couple of times per day. I fend pellets better in the feeders opposed to flake.

Registered Member

I'm feeding my Stendker from 6.5cm till 15cm. 3 times per day - beef heart mix exclusively. I asked Stendker about feeding more than 3 times, and they dissuaded it for 6.5cm+ fish, so I follow recommendations.
    They growing great. You can look there: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ly-ready/page4

Quote Originally Posted by pablos View Post
    I'm feeding my Stendker from 6.5cm till 15cm. 3 times per day - beef heart mix exclusively. I asked Stendker about feeding more than 3 times, and they dissuaded it for 6.5cm+ fish, so I follow recommendations.
    They growing great. You can look there: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ly-ready/page4

Thanks yeah that’s were I have taken the info from. It does also say about treats in between. I will definitely follow their guidance just possibly thinking if I’m likely to “treat” it could be something I feed as a
    Staple to rest of tank so once in display they
    Will take all food.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Regina

Hi~ I fed mine 3-4 times a day when they were 2-4 months old .. my own beefheart mix plus bio-gold.. pellets..bloodworms(dehydrrated) not live.. flakes..I try to vary their diet to make sure they are getting all the nutrition they need.
    Just be prepared to do LOTS of thorough cleaning and WATER CHANGES if you are feeding them often. They act like they are always hungry but lots of food ends up collecting where you dont see it. Unless of course your tank is a completely bare bottom.
    My juvies are 10-13 centimeters now and I am only feeding them twice a day. I feed six discus about a square of 3/4" beef heart in the morning and a bit less in the early evening of varying foods. I am still finding lots of uneaten food.
    Regina

Registered Member

Sauer Crout and Wienerschnitzel

Real Name
    Mervin

Quote Originally Posted by captainandy View Post
    Sauer Crout and Wienerschnitzel
    I've heard of farting fish before, somewhere.