ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need help - discus has an area of rotting? see pic

Registered Member

Default Re: Need help - discus has an area of rotting? see pic

Quote Originally Posted by Tkuilderd View Post
    You did a 10 day treatment?

Tammy
    With the proper diagnosis, a bacterial infection, when given the proper antibiotic, begins to improve within 48 hours. The continued treatment (a week or so) is more to remove/reduce the overall bacterial load.
    Misdiagnosis and improper treatment is the primary cause of the development of bacterial resistance. In fact, most resistant bacteria are developed thru misguided animal husbandry.

This entire thread is a demonstration of how the "shotgun" approach almost never works.

Like I said early on, get back to basic and frequent water changes, make sure the tank is well oxygenated, and stop putting all kinds of crap in

Real Name
    Francis

Hi Andy, I haven’t found any new discus books.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Quote Originally Posted by rkeane View Post
    4 days oxytetracycline - each day changed more than half of the water and add med. The med instruction says 3 days treatment... so I only did 4 day rather than 10 days.
    My apologies, you are correct, 4 days is the treatment for a bath. it is longer for food based treatment. At this point i would just keep the salt and water changes going. Do you have an updated photo of the fish?

Tammy

Real Name
    Tom

Francis I had most of those in the second pic. Yes dated . Only one I saved was the king of the aquarium. Backthan I said I’d never do discus again . Books? They still write books?

Real Name
    Francis

No one willing to do the hard work these days, interview discus breeders, taking photos and travel abroad plus the high cost publishing the hard copy books. Discus husbandry is still same as before. Now more discus variations and colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Francis I had most of those in the second pic. Yes dated . Only one I saved was the king of the aquarium. Backthan I said I’d never do discus again . Books? They still write books?
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234