AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Is this ick

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Ratin Rahman

Default Is this ick

He gets bullied on a lot and always hides in the corner, I discovered some white paches on his beautiful leopard skin which has been completely peppered recently, I dont know if its because he gets bullied a lot or what. He was pretty active even until a few days ago. Still eats normal when its feeding time.
    Last edited by Ratin3; 05-31-2021 at 04:40 PM.

Real Name
    Bill G.

Default Re: Is this ick

Imho....this does not look like Ich. Ich spots are the size of salt grains or grains of sand, are whiter, and would not be in just one area of the fish. It looks to me to be some scrape/scuff marks from darting around hitting objects with, perhaps, sharp edges. Just curious.....is that a rubber pond liner in the background of the last pic?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Ratin Rahman

Hi 14Discus, thanks for the reply, thats what I thought, Just wanted to confirm. Following your post I was looking for sharp objects and I think one candidate would be the edge of this driftwood branch, wonder during a scuffle with other fishes, if he hurt himself on it. I dont have a tarp, I think the pic doesnt do justic to my tank , may be its the background which is dark black. Attaching a better pic with full view.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ratin3; 06-01-2021 at 04:11 PM.

Not ich at all. Looks like scales knocked off (in line with what Bill said). Still dark (all the time?) and for how long?
    -Elliot

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Ratin Rahman

Yes, been like that for atleast 2/3 weeks now. He is slightly smaller compared to rest of the pack (4 inch among 5.5 inch) but not the only one, there is a 3.5 inch one as well which is doing fine.