AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm trying again

Default Re: I'm trying again

You've got my interest, Liz! Would love to see how it goes Hope all's well!!!
    -Elliot

I'll know more tomorrow. There are very few fry. Some of them take a bite from their parents some of them are still swimming aimlessly around the tank. It's much easier when you have multitudes and they swarm the parents in one fell swoop. When you start with few sometimes you end up with very few or none.

In a way it's strange because mom was tending to the cone and dad was attacking me through the glass whenever I came near the tank. Things changed once they started to swim free.
    Last edited by LizStreithorst; 06-02-2021 at 07:39 PM.
    Mama Bear

This morning I have maybe 5 fry pretty well attached. Back in the day I wouldn't even have bothered messing with just 5 but now is not then. As long as the parents continue to accept these I will take care of them.

There are several reasons I have not given up on these fish. Firstly I am very pleased with their quality. Also, I have an emotional attachment to them. The original fish came from a group of show fish that Ryan imported that I won here from an auction he put up on Simply. They were the most beautiful fish I had ever seen offered for sale. I would like to buy more, and keep looking but I have not seen anything that really rings my bell except for some wild RSG's that are way more that I can afford.

I have a group of 7 that are getting close to breeding age and another group of 3 1/2" juvies that are growing out. Hope springs eternal...
    Mama Bear

I still have my 5 little kids. They're growing so I know they're getting enough to eat even though they're not constantly stuck to the parents. I tossed them a tad of BBS this morning even though they may well still be too small to eat it. I want to get them eating ASAP because if the pair decides to spawn again I'll feel OK about moving the them to their own tank. I have a 5 gallon tank I can put them in.
    Mama Bear

Naw. They ate the 5 kids and spawned again without warning.
    Mama Bear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12