AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Well, why not?

Default Well, why not?

It no longer hurts my heart when I fail at breeding Discus. I'm use to it. Still, I'll grab any chance of success.

One of those tiny baby fine line SS's just hit breeding age. She had been looking at all the horney boy fish in the tank of my breeding and it appears that she made her choice. This morning she and her chosen man claimed a lift tube. That spot was not acceptable to me so I moved the sponges around and put in one of Barb's tall cones in the place the sponge had been. By WC time at 3 she was laying on it and my handsome male was following after her doing what guy fish do. I moved the cone and the pair to a tank with RO water. We will see how it goes.

Al's SS is a different type that my SS as far as shape and pattern. If I decide to get excited I'll snap a few pics.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Well, why not?

Noice Liz...get excited...love to see some pics

Real Name
    Fritz

way to hustle.
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Fingers crossed Liz and pics would be great
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Well, that was short and sweet. The eggs are gone. I knew that I should have left the pair in with the other Discus this first time spawning. Poor things didn't have a clue what was happening to them between spawning and suddenly being moved.

If I'm able to get some relief from my first appointment with a pain doctor this afternoon I'll get some pictures taken and posted. I'm sure that Al would be pleased with how beautiful his female is.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

Reminded me of some guy on FB whose discus laid eggs on both the cone and the python while he was doing a water change. Talk about a crazy egg laying female, lol...

That should be a nice cross. Good luck in the future!!

Registered Member

Round 1 better luck on next spawn.

Cliff

Until last yesterday evening after WC the pair were still together in the breeding tank. I wasn't crazy about how the male had been treating her. He was being a bit of a bully. She's quite demure. She did not want anything to do with an abusive relationship. I finally moved the pair pack to the 100 gallon with the other adults. This morning he is right next to her, protecting her from a herd of males. I will let them spawn and attempt to raise fry in that tank. At that point I hope that dad get's his head straight. Lady fish and little baby fish need love. The breeding tank is no place for aggression to anything other than the siphon tube or my hand in the tank.
    Mama Bear