AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Great Experience with Dennis Discus

Real Name
    Shane Sims

Default Great Experience with Dennis Discus

I just ordered five roughly 5-inch discus from Dennis, and the service was OUTSTANDING. He was responsive to my online inquiry and openly shared his water parameters, and that made me more comfortable with the order. Because I was still in the process of cycling my new tank, he was nice enough to hold the fish for me for over two weeks, and he even kept them in their own quarantine tank that entire time. This was huge for me, since I was able to secure the fish I wanted while I finished cycling. The fact that he sent me a video of my fish ahead of time was also a super-nice touch. I’ve ordered many discus, and I haven’t had anyone else do that. The packing for shipment was great, and the fish arrived like clockwork in good condition. The fish ate like piggies on the very first night. You can see for yourself from the pics below that fish are healthy, clean specimens. I’ll definitely order from Dennis again when the need arises.

Now, for those of you who remember me and are wondering why I haven’t been online for a long time: I took a few years off after I lost a bunch of discus in a quarantine incident (of course, it was a stupid mistake on my part). Now that I’m settled into my new house, I feel very comfortable going forward with a new tank and an ultra-conservative approach. We’ll see how it goes… but it feels good to give it a try again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Shane

Discus do it bare bottom.

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Great Experience with Dennis Discus

Great looking Diiscus! Good luck with them! Yes Dennis is great to deal with!!

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Ditto to Tom's comment. Beautiful discus w great shape!

Real Name
    Shane Sims

Thank you gentlemen!
    -Shane

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxDiscus View Post
    I just ordered five roughly 5-inch discus from Dennis, and the service was OUTSTANDING. He was responsive to my online inquiry and openly shared his water parameters, and that made me more comfortable with the order. Because I was still in the process of cycling my new tank, he was nice enough to hold the fish for me for over two weeks, and he even kept them in their own quarantine tank that entire time. This was huge for me, since I was able to secure the fish I wanted while I finished cycling. The fact that he sent me a video of my fish ahead of time was also a super-nice touch. I’ve ordered many discus, and I haven’t had anyone else do that. The packing for shipment was great, and the fish arrived like clockwork in good condition. The fish ate like piggies on the very first night. You can see for yourself from the pics below that fish are healthy, clean specimens. I’ll definitely order from Dennis again when the need arises.

Now, for those of you who remember me and are wondering why I haven’t been online for a long time: I took a few years off after I lost a bunch of discus in a quarantine incident (of course, it was a stupid mistake on my part). Now that I’m settled into my new house, I feel very comfortable going forward with a new tank and an ultra-conservative approach. We’ll see how it goes… but it feels good to give it a try again.
    Thank you for your detailed feedback, Shane! Greatly appreciate it.
    Enjoy your new discus selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Great looking Discus! Good luck with them! Yes Dennis is great to deal with!!
    Thank you, Tom! Appreciate your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Ditto to Tom's comment. Beautiful discus w great shape!
    Thanks, Danny!

Let me know when you are ready to go back to discus keeping. I know you are missing the fun.

Real Name
    Fritz

beautiful tank and fish.
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Real Name
    Shane Sims

Thanks!
    -Shane