AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 Fish with various problems

Default Re: 5 Fish with various problems

If you lost just one of the group and the others are improving you have done an excellent job with a problem that you were not expected. Heat alone works well for hex but you have to keep the temp high for another week or so after all the fish seem to be well. I'm curious as to why you didn't use the metro at the correct dosage along with the high heat.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Katie T

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    If you lost just one of the group and the others are improving you have done an excellent job with a problem that you were not expected. Heat alone works well for hex but you have to keep the temp high for another week or so after all the fish seem to be well. I'm curious as to why you didn't use the metro at the correct dosage along with the high heat.
    I wanted to try heat & salt alone since I've been medicating and deworming them so much for the last 6 months. Do you have experience identifying hex under a microscope? I have been looking and have not seen evidence, but I am not good at identifying things yet. I could try to take some videos and post them.

I now think the red turq may have had a bacterial issue since she declined quickly when I upped the heat, although that could have been a coincidence.

I'm not good with the scope either but when I've seen them I could spot them by their movement. They spin as they move.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

If your are looking for hex they are tear drop shape on the scope.

Cliff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12