AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Fry not eating

Registered Member

Default Fry not eating

Thanks for the info on her I lowered my tds and got a very nice hatch of discus fry. I had decided to raise them artificially so the eggs hatched in a large jar with the water they where laid in and kept in the same aquarium. When they became free swimmers I fed them newly hatched brine shrimp and micro worms. Lots of both after 8 hours I noticed they where not eating so I moved them to a large pan and cleaned up all the food they where still in the same water then I fed a little but they never ate and all died. How can I change this for the next batch. Thanks for any information.

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: Fry not eating

BBS and microworms are too big for discus fry to eat in the first few critical days free swimming. You need to go with powdered eggs or similar concoction for the first 48 - 72 hours. The process for artificial raising is complex. I recommend watching some YouTube videos and searching this site for information before trying again.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Default Re: Fry not eating

I followed Cliffs method and had success see here https://www.mondodiscus.com/2007/11/...y-cliff-young/