AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Check my work! (Future Stendkers)

Registered Member

Default Re: Check my work! (Future Stendkers)

I keep mine with black neon tetra and SAE. All are doing well. Only apisto didn’t like that tank, but I believe it’s more about high temperature rather than nitrate

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jason

**FUN UPDATE**

Hi friends! So they've finally arrived. It was a great and fulfilling moment. The customer care from Hans was above and beyond I could imagine. He knew that it was my daughter's birthday so he threw in a free Cobalt as a surprise birthday gift. So instead of 8 juvies, I've got 9!

They are all doing great, I was so surprised how fast most of them came up to me after the first day. I'm still hesitant to turn on the aquarium lights, but I've included a small clip for yall to enjoy.

I'm currently feeding them a variety of foods to see what they like, so that's been fun and interesting to watch. It's also fascinating to see them figure out the pecking order too.

It's not shown in this video, but the marlboro red seems to isolate him/herself from the rest of the school. When it's feeding time, it'll approach me but I haven't seen him/her eat or have nearly the same appetite as the other 8. It also seems a bit more inactive than the other 8 as well. I'll hopefully be able to take a quick video of it for yall to see in the following days. Looking forward to read what you guys think and if there's any advice.

Temp is at 86.

https://youtu.be/64RPFqD3AD8

Real Name
    Francis

Adjusted the video

Grasshopper
    Francis

Real Name
    Willie

Do daily water changes, pump the food, and they'll grow into slabs in no time. My 3" Stendkers put on 1/2" every month until they got to 6"!
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jason

Thanks for doing this Francis! How did you adjust it?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jason

Okay, I finally had some time to capture some footage of the red marlboro. This was right before feeding. You can clearly see the difference of activity, and the Red basically stays in that corner the whole time. Only during water changes does it school up with everyone else. I haven't seen the Red eat for the past 3-4 days. Temp is at 87. I'm putting in a variety of foods- blood worms, beef heart, sera discus granules, ocean nutrition prime reef flakes, and hikari vibra bites and Red hasn't taken any interest. It seems to be very infatuated with it's reflection. I don't know enough about discus pairing behaviors, but I highly doubt at this size/age that it's already trying to do that with it's own reflection. Would love some feedback here! Thanks friends! Yall are amazing!!

https://youtu.be/4kKv-jrFURU

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Do daily water changes, pump the food, and they'll grow into slabs in no time. My 3" Stendkers put on 1/2" every month until they got to 6"!
    Ahh! I'm so excited to see them grow! I've been successful so far with daily water changes. averaging about 60-70% a day. Just keeping an eye on them as I an unable to age water. I've been doing a pretty slow water flow from the tap to not shock them with water temp changes. However, there is about a 3-4 degree difference after the water change. So far the discus don't seem to show any sign of stress. I could do a slower water flow but it'll obviously take much much longer to complete the water change.

Real Name
    Francis

4744136A-7350-431B-A598-EEB0E206EE55.jpg

https://youtube.be4k/Kv-jrFURU

Delete s from http

It should read as http://YouTube.be4Kv-jrFURU

33EDEDCE-B3AE-44F5-9B11-4E171A764FA6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JLee View Post
    Thanks for doing this Francis! How did you adjust it?
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jason

Noted! Will do that for future videos. Thanks!

Registered Member

Oh wow, your discus look awesome. Keep posting more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123