AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do.............

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: What would you do.............

I guess it could need different meds. For me I tried metro and it had no result. I tried the rid-ich+ and salt and I saw results right away. Once I added the rid-ich they started eating.

Here I am again, I purchased 2 discus from a supplier on this forum back in February of this year. These two discus are healthy on the outside but I have no idea what else, my problem is they have never shown any illness at all. I was told the losses are from cross contamination, as I said I bought these two fish in February and since then I have lost 8 discus the latest one just yesterday, no signs of a sickness just death. This last one was my test fish or hero discus, when I put these fish together I thought maybe everything would be okay because the new test fish was showing signs of breeding . The shaking and bowing, but no interest from the devil discus, the test fish was eating and holding it's own wasn't being beat up on or anything. Thanks for hearing me out but I don't know what to do but maybe try and sell them. Jim in Ohio

Real Name
    Brian

Nitrofurazone has been banned for sale in the USA because it causes cancer in California. Everything Aquatic still selling it so if you want some you better hurry before it's gone. I believe Enrofloxacin is a good substitute.

Most cases of bacterial CC can be cured by an aggressive salt treatment or salt and Rid Ich+.

What does a salt and rid Ich+ or a aggressive salt treatment look like? Jim in Ohio

Real Name
    Brian

I've helped many people overcome CC by using a heavy dose of salt along with large daily water changes. Recently people have been using Rid Ich+ alone or with a milder dose of salt. https://www.petsmart.com/fish/food-a...ent-44573.html

One of the more prominent threads on this forum was by Tom (Iminit). You can see his details here http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...p!!&highlight=

That thread should be a sticky, Brian.
    Mama Bear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12