ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Covid Situation

Registered Member
    Real Name
    harry g

Default Re: Covid Situation

Before the present white house pres. & vise prez. were elected they said they would not get the THRUMP vaccine!!!!!! Then they got into office & got there TRUMP VACCINE right away. What is the public supposed to THINK!!!! It was bad at first & then it was good??????

All this division is why our country doesn't work anymore. Everybody is fightin' mad. I'm so tired of it. I'm friends with people whose views on the vaccine are what I consider crazy. Wouldn't it be easier if we didn't fight to and just wanted to get along? I think I'll go outside and look at my flowers and butterflies and hummingbirds in front of a beautiful backdrop of White Oaks.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Tom I was merely showing Jim, since he called me selfish, the reasons to the contrary. I will never name call or direct hate towards people who disagree with me. Since he had the gall to express himself in that way, I chose to respond to him personally. The next poster said my position on the gene therapy is baseless, which the literature of the manufacturers clearly affirms it as an mRNA therapy, and then so affirmed captainandy, a medical Dr (who disagreeswith my position). But neither directly, or childishly attacked me. After the last 18 months of 60hour weeks caring for covid and non covid patients alike, Jim brought a little direct call out upon himself. There's a way to express ones position publicly without name calling and hate, which I have tried to model in my responses.
    Last edited by danotaylor; 08-20-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Is there no way I can get you ladies and gentlemen to stop this bickering?
    Mama Bear

I have more faith in us than you do Andy.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Mervin

Folks a year ago we had no ammunition to fight this war on COVID-19 and saw no hope in sight. Now we at least have something. Obvious, not a complete cure but it is some hope. Especially, for those with compromised immune systems, elderly and chronic morbidity diseases, it can be a killer. We all can see this vaccine is working with a high degree of success. As we can see the numbers of C-19 in hospitalizations recently are greater in the unvaccinated. That's all it was meant for, to keep the numbers down so our health care systems wouldn't overwhelmed and to keep folks alive. We will all come across this bug sooner or later and I for one am glad to have better chance on not going to the hospital or the morgue. As far as adverse side effects, more people have reactions from peanuts or even other medications. I see no reason way anyone would be afraid to getting their free shot. Now we have the delta strain becoming, which is more dominate now and easier the spread and school is coming and we have no vaccines for those under 12; these are the ones that worry me the most. And of course we have many places were vaccines are not available yet. So we're here for a long haul, a bit lucky, so please get your shot.

Aside from my *** and gut getting fat, I honestly feel guilty for liking the remote work ( I feel like I work more yet there is somehow better communication now). But nothing beats flip flops, burning dress socks, shaving twice'ish a week, saving money on gas & deodorant, and doing business calls while minimizing tan lines with waaaaay too small if a speedo on (privacy fence of course... no one wants to see my "new bod" that needs to change... but a good tan makes people look skinnier -- in theory :P )
    -Elliot

Registered Member

It's crazy to think about the misinformation that is currently spreading right now. Hopefully people get vaccinated and mask up.

The vaccine was approved yesterday. I sure hope it helps.

I was at the feed store today, masked as usual. The older gentlemen in front of me, also masked, was asking about Ivermectin. After he left I asked the guy behind the counter if he had sold any to people to use it against Covid 19. He said that all the people buying and calling about it these days were buying it for Coved. Ivermectin is an excellent antiparasitic but it does nothing against viruses. The salesman knew that as well as I did but it's an OTC med and if it's what people want for whatever reason it's not his job to refuse to sell it to them.
    Mama Bear

Love my flip flops

...and these strains now are spreading like wildfire. Last school year our county made kids go back... we were ticked off, but hardly any cases. NOW... after the first full week back to school (with exact protocols), kids and teachers are dropping like flies. In June I got FUBAR'ed by "something" and urgent care said "negative on test results... but, in our eyes you have it... but it's different and we're now seeing 15-20 a day like your case....". Few weeks later the "delta strain" blows up on the media. I was vaccinated... and whatever I had really raised havoc on me for 96 hours... then took 10 more days to really get back to 100%. I ALWAYS go into work when sick... but I've been 100% remote since March 2020 and cautious but still had to take off because of how bad it was. I never had anything like whatever it was. Get vaccinated... my recommendation. YES, it's a risk to get a vaccine that has not been truly run through the gammet... but folks without it are getting hammered worse. That's enough for me to be fine with my choice (...yet 10 years from now I might have one mishaped testicle, a 3rd eye, and turn purple... but I'll live with decision if it helps free a hospital bed up now for someone who has cancer or other serious condition that has to compete with COVID patients taking up beds. Even those trying to get pregnant yet worried... it's a risk, but it's also a risk NOT to get it. Make a decision and live with it. I can't fault anyone for taking both sides into account)
    -Elliot

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

This what doesn't make sense to me, Folks are willing to put stuff into their body like Ivermectin vs a vaccine which has been tested in humans. In the feed store I bought Ivermectin for my horses. It's a dewormer paste used for treating internal worms. The dosage is for a 1000 pound animal, not a 150 or so pound human. There is no evidence that I know of that Ivermectin has been tested against covid in humans. BTW the Pfizer vaccine has full FDA approval as of yesterday.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Just my 2 cents here, a couple weeks ago I got something, with very similar symptoms as Covid, I am fully vaccinated too. What I had was not a cold and definitely not flu, took a Covid test, it was negative. I think the new strains are sometimes not showing up with the standard Covid test. Took me a few days to feel great again, but then back to 100% health. I do believe the vaccines are working great and if you get a breakthrough virus, it is mild and leaves fast.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Mervin

Some folks, not all will get mild flu like symptoms from the vaccine after it starts working. I noticed this into about the 11th - 13th day on both shots. Felt a bit lethargic, runny nose and just not feeling myself. It lasted a day or two. I took it as the vaccine is working.

Way back before Delta, back when the virus first started spreading the owner of my LPS, Twee got sick. She was hospitalized, tested negative, sent home, got worse, taken back to hospital tested negative two more times and was finally given supplemental O2 and steroids. She finally got well enough to go home. Way later she had the antibody test. She was positive. Barb, the antibody test is something you might want to consider next time you see a doctor.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Tom

Lol way back before Delta! Yes we’re aging by strains now . Funny all the testing that still isn’t right and they’ve been going on for well over a year and still getting mixed results. Got to make you wonder about the vaccine’s. Everything is just rushed out there. Is the whole world using the 3 we use in America?? Or is every country putting out there own? Just more to think about.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast