AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Covid Situation

Default Re: Covid Situation

No test is 100% accurate. This includes the covid tests. I know that Russia has it's own vaccine as does China. Most of Europe uses the Covax vaccine. In the States we have 3 vaccines that are quite good, but like tests, none are 100%.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Jim in Ohio, I am an Critical Care RN. I cared for Covid positive patient's all year last year. In fact, I volunteered to go in extra to admit the very 1st known covid positive patient that came to our ICU. I worked my 3 regularly scheduled shifts and did an extra 6 shift contract at our facility every schedule from March last year to this very day, sometimes working a 5th 12 hour shift due to high needs in our unit. I did all this knowing that the PPE was inadequate protection due to the size of viral particles, and in short supply. I did all this because I care about people's health and well being.

After caring for covid patients for over 1 year, I contracted covid 19 in late March this year. Fortunately for me, my symptoms were very mild, I believe because my immune response was/is strong. I have friends who have had severe reactions to the gene therapy shots, some of whom have been rendered completely unable to work, dependant on long term blood thinners. A lady my wife works with had her husband die of covid recently. When my wife asked her about whether people should be forced to get the gene therapy shot she said absolutely not.

Why do you suppose more than 50% of health care workers in Ohio have chosen not to be injected with this experimental gene therapy? I think that speaks volumes about the ligitimate concern of the actual health educated public. There are countless virologists and immunologists whose opinions are being ignored or silenced with regard to the covid gene therapy, natural and acquired immunity, etc.

I have adhered to masking policies, and social distancing not because of the science behind it, but because fear is driving so many of the decisions being made and I can (unselfishly) suck it up and wear a mask so others aren't afraid. Information has been made a political weapon. It's tearing this country apart.

Are you aware Jim, that under American law, medication that is listed as a vaccine removes any financial liability from the manufacturers for adverse effects that come about as a result of taking that medication? Now the government is wanting to mandate it. Families that have a lived one incapacitated or die get NOTHING, no financial assistance, they cannot sue. So if the gene therapy is as safe as you believe, according g to what you gave been told, why won't the manufacturers back that, call it what it truly is, a gene therapy. I am not against vaccines. I am up to date on every other shot. The fact that coronavirus passes back and forth from animals to humans means it is here to stay. It cannot be irradiated like small pox, cause small pox only hosted in humans.

There is so much more I want to say, but I'll finish with saying this, the fact that you would come on here and call me an "selfish unvaccinated" is highly offensive after the strain I have undergone over the past year in my chosen career.. Your comment is also completely untrue of me to be sure.
    As a fellow nurse two things. Thanks for what you do, and well said.
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

I agree with you, Fritz. I think that Danny is making a mistake by not being vaccinated, but he is doing all the other stuff like masking and keeping distance. It is a personal decision. He never attacked anyone when he said what you quoted. He had an unpopular view about something that people are very divided about. It was after all that that I started worrying about the way the thread was headed. So far everyone is being respectful. I expect it to stay respectful.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Mervin

Thanks to all the nurses. There seems to be a lot of burnout these days. Thinking I could have been one of those; glad I'm retired. Hope they'll still enough left to care for the unvaccinated. Right now cases are going up again. I had a sense of duty to the public to get vaccinated for others as well as for me.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by bluelagoon View Post
    Not anymore sense most of us here in Canada with 74% the second shot and 83% first shot. Here in Nova Scotia we had a good government that took the professional health care workers advice. Our numbers stayed low. The strict rules worked here. But seems to be 15-20% of the population that buck the system no matter what; they cause more stress than anything.
    That is really great for Canada! If only the neighboring country can do better.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I agree with you, Fritz. I think that Danny is making a mistake by not being vaccinated, but he is doing all the other stuff like masking and keeping distance. It is a personal decision. He never attacked anyone when he said what you quoted. He had an unpopular view about something that people are very divided about. It was after all that that I started worrying about the way the thread was headed. So far everyone is being respectful. I expect it to stay respectful.
    It is better to be vaccinated. However, you are right to each its own.

Real Name
    Mervin

There will soon be travelling bar codes that can be loaded on cell phones to give folks that have been vaccinated the OK to travel. They are on there way here. I guess the rest will be staying home. Get used to it!

Real Name
    Tom

Got to say here in New York our numbers are down and our vaccinated numbers are up. Those that are getting it are just getting what seems like a lesser strain.

Registered Member

Booster shots available in the SF Bay Area, took mine last week at CVS.

Cliff

I'm not supposed to get my booster until December.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Willie

In California, CVS is giving booster shots to anyone who wants it. From their perspective, better to give the shot than to have the vaccine expire. Right or wrong, that's what's happening. Everyone of my boomer friends out there have gotten theirs.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Real Name
    Tom

Not much talk about boosters in New York. Still not much known about how well these vaccines are working. 10 guys have come down with Covid on the job I’m on. 6 were vaccinated. Got to wonder. Many report about the Pfizer not holding up. Next seems like the rest of the world is still trying to get vaccinated while we’re offering boosters. I got the vaccine but think I will be holding off on a booster. It kind of like “hey we didn’t get it right the first time so here try this”.

viruses are sneaky little things. They mutate at a fast rate and the mutations that are advantageous for their survival are passed along. Covid is a tough bugger.

Many vaccines require a booster after time. Since this but is a totally new bug we haven't had the vaccines long enough to know how long they last. We're learning as we go. If another little shot will keep me from being intubated in a hospital I'm want to have it. Actually, we're allowed to have the booster now if we have reached at least level 65. I've reached level 70 so I could get it. I'm going to have my antibodies checked because I don't want to take a booster if my level is high. I'd rather wait until it starts to wane.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Willie

I'm going to avoid getting into a vaccine discussion. Seat belts are not 100% effective either, but I still wear them. Not everyone does - so be it.

I'm much more upset about the lack of masking. A friend and I drove down to the Quad City fish swap in Davenport, IA Sunday. They had 100 vendors and probably 500 attendees. The room wasn't packed, but it was pretty crowded. But only ~10% of us were masked. I didn't see a single family with young kids - who don't have vaccinations - wearing face masks.

As for me, I have my full complement of shots. I'm healthy with no immune issues, and I don't have young kids or older (immune compromised) relatives around. So the risk of a serious infection is low. Still, I wear my masks so that no virus is transmitted to other people who may have young kids/older relatives around. Do I enjoy wearing a mask? Of course, not. But it's not about you, it's about the people around you.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Real Name
    Mervin

We have a new bar code for people with two shots to get into certain establishments like sports games, restaurants, bars and a few other establishments, that came into affect yesterday. Alberta let down their guard and stopped wearing masks in public and now the hospitals out thataway are now overwhelmed and the nurses are getting burned out. We all know a simple thing like wearing a mask keeps catching and spreading the virus low. And I second Willies thought about protecting the people around you. It should never be about just "me".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast